Scooter help required stoke on trent

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gazza333, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Gazza333

Gazza333 Funster

hi all,
    Was wondering if there was anyone that knows how to fix a scooter in stoke on Trent ? Will pay beer money to come out and take a look and let me know what's wrong. It's a Chinese 50cc scooter Kam 50qt-21. Bought for a song but told it floods and won't start.

I've charged the battery up and it turns over but won't start. I know nothing and don't have a spark plug spanner that fits . So I can either go out and buy the tools on what may be a lost cause anyway or, post on here in the hope some scooter whizz lives just round the corner.

Any help would be great and if u get it started I'll buy Sunday lunch and a beer at the pub

2. M1ke

M1ke Funster

The guy who sold it to you obviously knew what he was doing. For starters if it floods then there is probably a problem with the carb. If that is the case getting spares or replacement from China may be a problem or even not an option. The very least you will need is a plug spanner! There are all sorts of reasons it won't start, seized up, electrics, and so again it will be a question of parts. I doubt you will find anyone who will come out with the necessary parts to fix it. Best take it to a motorcycle shop to get a professional diagnosis.

3. Gazza333

Gazza333 Funster

Ok so I've started to look at it. The reason it floods is that there is no spark at the spark plug. Parts for these Chinese bikes are readily available as there's thousands of them out there. eBay is full and parts are very cheap. I've seen an engine on there for 70 pound

4. chaser

chaser Funster

£70 sounds,best option if it runs

5. bartiny

bartiny

First thing I would do (if not already) is buy a new spark plug, it is very common on these chinese engines for the spark plug to fail through lack of use (you find it alot with generators), worth a try for a couple of quid anyway.

(y)

• Like Like x 1
  6. bartiny

bartiny

Try this first if you have a tester

(y)

7. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster