Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Hi
We are having a few problems sourcing a scooter chock to help secure the scooter in transit. The scooter has 12 inch wheels and sits about 3 inches from the top of the van garage when loaded, so the chock cannot be one that raises the wheel by much, if at all.

Looked on ebay, amazon etc with no luck.

Has anybody found something that works for them recently?

cheers

awg

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 9, 2013
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
WIldax Altair RS
Exp
Since 2015
Been there bought several and ended up making one myself.

Initially I wanted one that held the scooter upright while I strapped it down. Those all seem to rock the wheel up then down again and I didn't have the garage height to do that. I found a link on the internet http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic8548 which I made. It holds the front wheel straight but won't hold the scooter up while I strap it down. I did try adding uprights to the sides to hold the scooter upright but still wasn't happy with it so they got removed. I have rails on the roof of the garage so I use a couple of straps to the rear hand rail each side to loosely hold it upright while I get out and go round to the front to strap it down properly. I usually leave the rear straps in place just in case something goes wrong with the front ratchet straps. I also use the roof rails to bungee tables, chairs etc. against the side wall to ensure they don't fall against the scooter while we are moving.

Allan

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
That is very pretty Allan, but I do not think I would have made the front sloping as that will only encourage the wheel to ride up it !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just remembered something and checked..
Demon Tweeks currently have an offer on something that I think should work for you..
The rise is less than 50mm so tight but should clear with a bit of room to spare :)

shopping

OP
OP
Roseandpeter
Nov 30, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B594PL
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks Jaws

That looks as if it would work for us...You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find something.

Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back