Schaudt ebl 225

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by oggy, Oct 31, 2009.

1. oggy

oggy Read Only Funster

Hi, have EBL 225 Electroblock and LT500 on an Adria motorhome. This morning found power was not getting to the amber light (mains connected) on LT500 and leisure batteries not charging.

Im getting 14.50 volts from engine to the leisure batteries when I start it up...which I think must come through the EBL225???

any thoughts out there? I have not got EBL225 instructions - If anyone has them I would
    be most greatful for a download.

Oggy

2. oggy

oggy Read Only Funster

update- looks like the leisure battery charger side of the EBL225 has burnt out and will need to replace the whole unit.........first quote of around £800!!!

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I've see reports that you can send it back to Germany very much cheaper than that. Get on their web site and email them. I have £150 stuck in my mind.

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

i'v also seen a post /thread on here regarding returning it to Schaudt for repair.

i seem to remember it was a fast turnaround (less than a week) and much cheaper than a new unit.

5. oggy

oggy Read Only Funster

Ebl225

Many thanks for the reply. I have been in touch with Shaudt and they confirm the repair of EBL charger side with a cost up to 150 euro. impressed with the quick response from the company.

for anyone who has the same problem contact details are:

Udo Lang, technical support
    Schaudt GmbH Elektrotechnik & Apparatebau
    Planckstr. 8 - 88677 Markdorf - Germany
    email:
    udo.lang@schaudt-gmbh.de<B><SPAN lang=EN-GB style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB">

6. Hymer

Hymer Read Only Funster

I've got an EBL in my Hymer - can't remember the EBL model. There is a small mains fuse in the IEC mains inlet connector - might be worth a check.

Alan