Schaudt DT220 and 2 x Varta LFD 90's ... HELP? (1 Viewer)

Boolush

Free Member
Sep 17, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos
Exp
Since 2009
I won't bore you with the "in's and out's" but have just had fitted a reconditioned Schaudt EBL220 and 2 new Varta LFD90 batteries. Everything appears to be working but for some reason the Schaudt DT220 control panel is showing a question mark (?) after the amperage hours - i.e.

144Ah?

The manual suggests that this means the batteries are not fully charged but, switching to a % display, it shows that the batteries are at 100%.

Settings-wise I've input the correct details (180Ah) and the control panel has automatically adjusted the Ah to reflect the 20% deduction (e.g. 180 x 20% = 36 ... 180 - 36 = 144).

I realise questions regarding batteries can often kick-start a whole discussion on amps, watts and volts etc. but what I need to know is whether the (?) is telling me there's a problem in the setup (didn't have a (?) previously)?

Any advice or help appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Hugh

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I have an ebl220 but with a different control panel. I got the same symptons when I disconnected the batteries and then just reconnected them there would be a red light next to a ? which would disappear after about 24 hrs charging with the solar panel.

I have since found that there is a specific sequence of buttons to press on the control panel when both disconnecting and reconnecting the batteries to the ebl220. I have followed this when replacing the batteries recently and the ? did not light up.

Have you followed the sequence required for your set up?

John

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
I've had similar issue when the batteries have been disconected. Always sorts itself out after a day or so. I thought it might be to do with the fact that the battery bank is bigger than the max it can be set to?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Boolush

Boolush

Free Member
Sep 17, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos
Exp
Since 2009
The only thing I've done with the control panel is to 'confirm' the total Ah of the batteries ... it did the calculation etc. The technician/fitter from A and N Caravans switched on following the work... I assume the instruction are in the manual so will take a look.

Thanks John.

OP
OP
Boolush

Boolush

Free Member
Sep 17, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos
Exp
Since 2009
Technician did say they'd sort themselves out and not to worry ... but just want to be sure there isn't a problem seeings as it states they're fully charged.

Thanks Jay

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
If it does not sort itself out, I suggest you send an email to Udo Lang at Schaudt. He will advise you of any special button sequence you need to follow. A very helpful chap who speaks English and responds very quickly in my experience.
Udo.Lang@schaudt-gmbh.de

Margaritaman

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile C Class
Exp
since 2008
Once the charger has been on mains hook-up for a few hours the "?" will disappear. If you batteries are charging only on solar this time will be longer. Despite the "%" showing 100% the charging system is performing a one time calibration of the batteries charging rate etc.

This calibration occurs every time the batteries are disconnected from the charging system.

Hope this helps
Chris

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
As already posted its the EBL doing its calibration. If you take it off EHU and turn on a few 12v appliances (higher wattage the better) for an hour or two so you see the % going down then plug EHU back in the ? will dissapear.

David.

OP
OP
Boolush

Boolush

Free Member
Sep 17, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos
Exp
Since 2009
All working fine now. Many thanks for the advice and information.

Hugh

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back