lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have the motorhomefun log book and if you look at the difference in prices in the 4 years we have had the van its shocking dont have the book on me but im sure its around £40 more to fill up.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its not just diesel and petrol that's gone through the roof. If you notice lately on the side of Mc Donalds and the like they are running there vehicles on biofuel. This has caused a shortage in used cooking oil which the biofuel manufacturers use to make bio. This then has had a knock on effect on the price of bio. Bio has gone up from 60p per litre to 90p in the last year. Am of the belief its all down to Mc Donalds.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
And tell all about re-fuelling the Solex !:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

With a 1 litre tank capacity its quite expensive now....You really have to think about your journeys and if they are really necessary. I never bothered getting my bus pass for a few years but have recently had to get mine.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I do think about my journies

When I consider I have to put £200 to £300 in fuel in my RV to do a weekend show .. RV meet at Oswestry for example is 510 miles round trip... that is a lot of fuel without fee's same for Lincoln show .. I tried to get a meet up and running in Kent. Two of the RV'ers I meet often each posted the distance to Kent being the factor that they would not go.. well I have the reverse side of the same coin.. a lot of shows are so far away I am looking for more local meets.... As I have had little luck getting a meet up and running Iam thinking of going to a CL for the same time only 30 miles away.. save a lot of fuel.

The high costs are a factor now that dictate when I may use the RV.. I have certainly cut out some shows and will I suspect cut some more out before long and next year... France is just as near to me and in some ways more enjoyable as well.

But the pound in the pocket is hard to come by and I am fed up giving the duty to the govenment -- 3p a ltr more from January... that stinks.

Bob:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back