Free Member
Dec 29, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2016
Well I was plannin on taking Moho to Scarborough this weekend for nice family chill out & walk on sea front all wrapped up.
But alas the weather has scuppered Scarborough unless I fancied wearing a wetsuit and now have to travel Sunday night to fly out of country for meeting on Monday.

Why is it best laid plans go to pot. :cry:

Anyway what you Funsters up to this weekend?

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You would have been lucky to find a parking place for a Motorhome in Scarborough.;)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
They closed part of the Marine Drive according to Look North. "Threat of" Flooding.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Mad Jock

The Mad Jock

Free Member
Dec 29, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2016
Yeah I heard that the sea had come over the wall on South Bay into shops & amusement areas. I would have wild camped at Sealife centre. But tbh would have been part of the sea if I had now.

Last year I stopped in place called Flowers of May with family as got great amenities for them, but just down the road from it was great area for wild camping and few were there just doing that all time I was there. Was little cafe close by & sea view on door step.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
They closed part of the Marine Drive according to Look North. "Threat of" Flooding.
What flooding ?
Usually Peasholm lake overflows its banks near the north bay roundabout causing problems...exasperated by the council's insistence on closing the road when the flood level is more than a puddle.
The amount of rain and sleet we had today wouldn't cause that.
When the sea state is serious enough to cause waves over-topping the marine drive dangerously they close the marine drive completely at the peasholm roundabout and the toll house at the harbour end.
As I said, the small amount of rain and sleet last night and today was miniscule.
According to the met office we were in for heavy snow today......still waiting for it !

OP
OP
The Mad Jock

The Mad Jock

Free Member
Dec 29, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
Since 2016
Papajohn it was on Calender tonight showing Scarborough South Bay flooded.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Papajohn it was on Calender tonight showing Scarborough South Bay flooded.
South bay is flooded by unusually high tides, not rain and has nothing to do with marine drive which is only affected by over-topping.
Marine drive has excellent drainage since the sea defenses were built a few years ago....about the only thing they did get right.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back