Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi all

We are off to Sunny (we hope ) Scarborough at the end of July.

Does anyone know of any places we can park our M/H (approx 24ft) in Scarborough, Whitby & Filey, within walking distance of town?

Thanks in anticipation.

(Reposted this as original lost due to site probs. Someone kindly sent me a PM, but that was lost too before I could reply:cry:. I'd really appreciate it if you could sent me another PM whoever you are.:thumb:

euro

Free Member
May 23, 2008
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
We are new to it
Someone who posts a lot on here is from Scarborough. Can't remember his name but he has a bloke on an electric wheelchair thingy as his icon.

Just remembered.. its PappaJohn

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
don't ya just hate deja vu,
from memory the pm was from pappajohn, who'll no doubt be around soon,
best bet for scarboro tho is the P+R clearly signed from main routes into the town , then about 40p per person on the bus - parking was free. no height barriers cos coaches use it and lots of room.

there is street parking at all 3 places - but with your size of van you may struggle n stick out on some of them.

also non height barriered car park in Filey along west view ? think - near the park
when you get to filey turn right at the town

if you check on multi map it'll show you car parks

any probs give me a shout - but I've not been for a while - so pappa will be more up to date.

do recommend Inghams at Filey for fish n chips tho :thumb:

:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

roverman1

Free Member
Jun 19, 2008
leeds west yorks
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
parking at scarborough

you can park on north side nr oasis cafe thats where i park and my van is19 foot
don't ya just hate deja vu,
from memory the pm was from pappajohn, who'll no doubt be around soon,
best bet for scarboro tho is the P+R clearly signed from main routes into the town , then about 40p per person on the bus - parking was free. no height barriers cos coaches use it and lots of room.

there is street parking at all 3 places - but with your size of van you may struggle n stick out on some of them.

also non height barriered car park in Filey along west view ? think - near the park
when you get to filey turn right at the town

if you check on multi map it'll show you car parks

any probs give me a shout - but I've not been for a while - so pappa will be more up to date.

do recommend Inghams at Filey for fish n chips tho :thumb:

:winky:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
drive down sea front with sea on your right at the end you come to a roundabout
go round corner on to cobble road and there is some large bays set back on your left .if you go further along there there's lots of parking looking at sea can catch the open top bus back in to town.:thumb:

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Thanks for all the info.

We've been to the area a few times in the past, but as a tugger, and you don't look out for places to park in the same way then.:RollEyes:

The park and ride sounds good, but we have a large dog and I'm not sure of the situation regarding taking him on the bus - will have to check that out.

twooks

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
don't think I'd risk that with the dog
- head for north bay area - as per previous posts
if the weather's good you'll probably need to be there pretty early tho

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
OOh Nooo don't get him started on Scarborough :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dont know what you mean Tony, :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

i heard the tourist board have applied to the courts for a gagging order against me. like they need me to put folks off. their not doing bad on their own.:Doh::ROFLMAO:

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Scarborough Seafront

Try following the coast to the North of the town.

Parking bays within walking distance of the shows and Scarborough Town. Views out to sea.

M/H parking £6.00 for 24 hrs.

DCC

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
Whitby, North Yorks
Funster No
Exp
novice
Whitby

I am not sure how far you class as walking distance.

As you get to the edge of Whitby (approaching from Scarbrough) there is a large lay-by on the left, plenty of MH’s stop here including overnight. Although there are the odd ‘no overnight parking’ signs obliterated by vegetation, they are not enforced; it is also used by truckers going to the nearby industrial estate.

It is about a mile walk into town, all down hill. You can catch a bus every twenty minutes at the school entrance (£1.05 each way) 200 yards down the road, just around the corner. The bus station is right in the town centre. I live on the nearby estate and often walk down and catch the bus back.

If you arrive early there is a fair amount of ‘free parking’ on the West Cliff (signed west cliff) overlooking the sea, but it fills up quick.

The town centre car park caters for larger vehicles (Army driver training HGV are frequent off season visitors) but in late July all roads into town are often nose to tail walking pace by 10 am.

DC

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi DCC nice to know theres someone else from this neck of the woods on the forum.:thumb:

Barry

Free Member
May 29, 2008
Funster No
Filey Parking

If you go to Filey you can park all day for a reasonable fee on the cliff tops at the country park. Fom there you can walk olong the cliff top walk or down onto the beach or into the town. We always park there when we go to Filey and find it very convienient. Just follow the signs for the Country Park.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back