Scandinavia Tour

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by wkdtroll, Jul 21, 2009.

1. wkdtroll

wkdtroll Read Only Funster

Hi All

Just a note to say we just got back from a 8 week trip around Scandinavia (with our 2 flatcoats) - amazing trip to do. We did the full 'loop' ie. Denmark-Sweden-Norway-Finland-Estonia-Latvia-Lithuania and Poland. We saw one other GB van on the whole trip (12,500 kms). Anyone wanting the 'low-down' if planning a similar trip just ask.:thumb:

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Please post some details. Particularly cost, weather and essential places to visit.

We once did the vomit cruise Newcastle/Bergan for a quick look but when the tour guide said they have 300 days rain a year we sort of lost interest. Oh boy did I vomit, I was clinging to the edge of the bed to stop falling out before resorting to clinging to the toilet. That may have influenced my view of Norway. Lovely sight cruising the cost in a snowy November.

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Great trip.. one we would like to do

adding to Brian's post, can you also give details of sites, wild camping places etc

I would like to make a Google map up for that route, so any information would be useful..

do you have a blog or web site ?

Cheers

Jim

4. activecampers

activecampers Read Only Funster

also interested - though we'd keep to the western side and maybe jump over to iceland...

5. kickstart

kickstart Funster

That sounds a great trip, likewise love to do it one day, can we see some pics ? :Smile:

6. sueden

sueden Read Only Funster

Your trip sounds just what we are looking for. Hoping to retrie shortly and planned to "go North". Would be grateful to hear of any planning etc.

cheers
    sue :thumb:

7. chrisshipp

chrisshipp Read Only Funster

Iceland?

How do you "jump" over to Iceland? Last time I looked the ferry far was £2,300!! ...and ominously, they say "only weather permitting" - I'd reckon that £2,300 for feeding the fishes is a bit OTT or am I missing something?

Chris