Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Take a look at this one..

Broken Link Removed

It is not until you start reading and looking closer you see the price is actually £30k all bar a few bob..

Absolutely disgusting shyster behavior..
Dealer is Kampers and kars of Poole, Dorset

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I've sent them a message to ask which price is correct. I'll complain to ebay later - I've prior knowledge of this dealer and wouldn't buy a biscuit from them.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Have you noticed they have quite a few for sale at discounted prices then the higher amount in the listing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I've sent them a message to ask which price is correct. I'll complain to ebay later - I've prior knowledge of this dealer and wouldn't buy a biscuit from them.
i live just a few miles from them and wouldn't touch them with a very long barge pole. complain all you like but the seller wont change their shady ways, thats how they do business

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
What's the point in him doing this - surely he knows people aren't going to be that easily conned?

Dot

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
their place is just opposite the local car/vehicle auctions so they bid on any motorhomes going through. they tart them up superficially and put them on the forecourt (and road outside) at high prices. always the risk with auction vehicles of being stolen recovered or accident repairs and repossessions. makes them hard to sell on again for a private owner and so worth far less than others. a lot of people get caught out that way. oh and more expensive to insure too

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I rung them up once to make enquiries about a van the person on the other end was rude and said I am to busy to answer any questions if you want to buy it come and have a look I had already told him I was looking for that van and lived a long way away and only asked if he could tell me how many owners and the condition.
It took me all of 1 minute on the phone to form an opinion of the man

tinkering

Free Member
Feb 25, 2009
dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1972
their place is just opposite the local car/vehicle auctions so they bid on any motorhomes going through. they tart them up superficially and put them on the forecourt (and road outside) at high prices. always the risk with auction vehicles of being stolen recovered or accident repairs and repossessions. makes them hard to sell on again for a private owner and so worth far less than others. a lot of people get caught out that way. oh and more expensive to insure too

Can you tell us all how many motorhomes Kampers & Kars have ,or ,might have had ,on their forecourt, that may have been stolen, repossessed ,or have been damaged?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Can you tell us all how many motorhomes Kampers & Kars have ,or ,might have had ,on their forecourt, that may have been stolen, repossessed ,or have been damaged?

Tinkering, The Big1 said,"always the risk with auction vehicles of being stolen recovered or accident repairs and repossessions".

He DIDN'T say this Company sold Stolen, Recovered or Damaged vehicles.

I note that you live in Dorset. No relation to the owners of this Company are you?????????

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Strange, the link doesnt go to that vehicle and on their website the prices are quite straightforward in that the old price is crossed out and the reduced price shown, the reductions are not massive.

It is correct that they were awarded a gold award, same as we were, just wonder if an ebay advert of theirs got scammed, dont know the dealer at all

Peter

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
Have you noticed they have quite a few for sale at discounted prices then the higher amount in the listing.

Strange, the link doesnt go to that vehicle and on their website the prices are quite straightforward in that the old price is crossed out and the reduced price shown, the reductions are not massive.

It is correct that they were awarded a gold award, same as we were, just wonder if an ebay advert of theirs got scammed, dont know the dealer at all

Peter

Looks like they have been hijacked as all the dodgy ones have now been removed.

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
If you find a vehicle of ANY type that really takes your fancy and regardless of whether it's for sale in the trade or privately, there's nothing stopping you paying a tenner and having a History Check carried out on it.
I do it for all my prospective purchases unless it's from a dealer I've known and dealt with in the past.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We went to look at a Pilote there last year, and were on the verge of buying it - went to Wetherspoons in Poole to have a drink and a last think about it before we rang him back to say we would have it. Luckily he said he had already shut up shop for the day (Saturday lunch time on a beautiful sunny day!) and to ring on Monday to do the deal. We went home disappointed, but went back on internet, and found the Hymer we now have. Not saying we wouldn't have loved the Pilote if we had bought it, but he lost out on a sale due to his 'not bothered' sales ethos! :Smile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just been having a look round eBay, ought to have something better to do on a glorious day like today:Doh: but found it's littered with scams today, some so cheap it's ridiculas, they must have to pay to put them on so must be making something out of some of them:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back