Scam with a difference

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jaws, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

2. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

I've sent them a message to ask which price is correct. I'll complain to ebay later - I've prior knowledge of this dealer and wouldn't buy a biscuit from them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. davanne

davanne Funster

Have you noticed they have quite a few for sale at discounted prices then the higher amount in the listing.

4. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

i live just a few miles from them and wouldn't touch them with a very long barge pole. complain all you like but the seller wont change their shady ways, thats how they do business

5. dotplus6

dotplus6 Read Only Funster

What's the point in him doing this - surely he knows people aren't going to be that easily conned?

Dot

6. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

thats just it.....some will !

7. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

their place is just opposite the local car/vehicle auctions so they bid on any motorhomes going through. they tart them up superficially and put them on the forecourt (and road outside) at high prices. always the risk with auction vehicles of being stolen recovered or accident repairs and repossessions. makes them hard to sell on again for a private owner and so worth far less than others. a lot of people get caught out that way. oh and more expensive to insure too

8. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I rung them up once to make enquiries about a van the person on the other end was rude and said I am to busy to answer any questions if you want to buy it come and have a look I had already told him I was looking for that van and lived a long way away and only asked if he could tell me how many owners and the condition.
    It took me all of 1 minute on the phone to form an opinion of the man

9. tinkering

tinkering Funster

Can you tell us all how many motorhomes Kampers & Kars have ,or ,might have had ,on their forecourt, that may have been stolen, repossessed ,or have been damaged?

10. geo glasgow

geo glasgow Read Only Funster

still cant see what van your looking at on ebay?

?? states owners awards 2014 on there site so it must be true??
    http://www.kampersandkars.co.uk/
    is it true,, well is it ?

11. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Tinkering, The Big1 said,"always the risk with auction vehicles of being stolen recovered or accident repairs and repossessions".

He DIDN'T say this Company sold Stolen, Recovered or Damaged vehicles.

I note that you live in Dorset. No relation to the owners of this Company are you?????????

• Like Like x 1
  12. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Strange, the link doesnt go to that vehicle and on their website the prices are quite straightforward in that the old price is crossed out and the reduced price shown, the reductions are not massive.

It is correct that they were awarded a gold award, same as we were, just wonder if an ebay advert of theirs got scammed, dont know the dealer at all

Peter

13. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

Looks like they have been hijacked as all the dodgy ones have now been removed.

14. DeuceBG

DeuceBG Funster

If you find a vehicle of ANY type that really takes your fancy and regardless of whether it's for sale in the trade or privately, there's nothing stopping you paying a tenner and having a History Check carried out on it.
    I do it for all my prospective purchases unless it's from a dealer I've known and dealt with in the past.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cliffandger

cliffandger Funster Life Member

We went to look at a Pilote there last year, and were on the verge of buying it - went to Wetherspoons in Poole to have a drink and a last think about it before we rang him back to say we would have it. Luckily he said he had already shut up shop for the day (Saturday lunch time on a beautiful sunny day!) and to ring on Monday to do the deal. We went home disappointed, but went back on internet, and found the Hymer we now have. Not saying we wouldn't have loved the Pilote if we had bought it, but he lost out on a sale due to his 'not bothered' sales ethos! :Smile:

16. chaser

chaser Funster

Just been having a look round eBay, ought to have something better to do on a glorious day like today:Doh: but found it's littered with scams today, some so cheap it's ridiculas, they must have to pay to put them on so must be making something out of some of them:Eeek: