Scam Warning - Facebook? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Just a general warning, do not click on any picture on the side of the Facebook page that you do not expect. There was a picture of Graham Norton indicating that he had died unexpectedly. DO NOT CLICK ON THE PIC. It's a scam. It tells you that this is Microsoft, your credit card details have been compromised and sent to ... At that point I crashed the computer. On attempted reboot it came up saying that the BIOS battery was flat, and refused to do anything. So I rebooted again, and went into the BIOS, and the BIOS info seemed OK, so I just cancelled, and rebooted as normal, then ran Malwarebytes and Kaspersky with no issues, so it seems it is just a SCAM. Apparently they want you to input your card details, but I didn't go that far.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
This has happened to me it was not him but they do it all the time so if ANYBODY is listed as something awful is up on the right column then ignore it. I leads to having to shut down and restarting to get out. very annoying but nothing untoward happened on a permanent basis.

Bluemanc100

Free Member
Aug 13, 2019
Hawarden near Chester
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 155
Exp
MH Novice (but a seasoned veteran driver)
I’m now in the club

51FA5D00-F1D0-421A-8FC6-D7197C2D2A91.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back