Saying Hi from this newbie (to motorhomes and forums)! (1 Viewer)

Toni

Free Member
Apr 25, 2016
west sussex
Funster No
MH
chausson flash 09
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, my name is Antonia. Gavin and our invested in a motorhome end of last summer. We are looking forward to many adventures in it together. We have two girls aged 13 & 9 years and a 1 year old cavachon called Honey. Finding it difficult to find campsites that meet all our needs! We live in West Sussex and looking for campsites in places not too far away, like The New Forest or Dorset for weekends away. We like the quiet ones but also want to find somewhere a bit like Sandyballs to keep the kids entertained on some trips away occassionally. The thing I am trying to get used to is finding somewhere with places to visit locally within walking distance, like pubs, shops, places of interest (dog freindly) or towns. As our motorhome is quite big we tend to park up and not move it until we leave. I am new to forums to so bear with me ;0)

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Toni, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:welc:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
welcome_y-b9159cad68a22aadf2af024fb54f8ec4.jpg from the same neck of the woods.

Can't help with site suggestions as our needs are different to yours (children grown up) but I'm sure others will be as helpful as usual. Wherever you go you'll be sure to have fun and make many happy memories.

You'll soon get the hang of the forum, if not help is just a click away.

Attachments

• welcome_y-b9159cad68a22aadf2af024fb54f8ec4.jpg
    welcome_y-b9159cad68a22aadf2af024fb54f8ec4.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 4

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hello and :welcome4:
You could look at Camping in the Forest sites. Lots of cycling paths. Your children might enjoy geocaching--- if you google it if you're not familiar with it. Lots of hidden "treasure" to find.
The C&CC also puts og temporary holiday sites. Very cheap as you pay per unit, not p.p. My favourite is at Burton Bradstock. Short walk to the "Broadchurch" beach, West Bay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi there. Welcome to the forum and your brand new hobby.
Enjoy.
Don't let having the MH stop you taking it offsite. We had a big one when we had the 3 kids and 2 dogs with us. We used to park up in supermarket car parks , park and rides , and just normal pay car parks. We never struggled to find anywhere. Ever.

OP
OP
T

Toni

Free Member
Apr 25, 2016
west sussex
Funster No
MH
chausson flash 09
Exp
I'm a newbie