Saturday on Ebay

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by wiljoy, Feb 10, 2012.

1. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

Thought I would let any interested parties know of my bits coming up for sale on ebay on saturday morning.
    Alko safe, brand new upto 7.5 metre motorhome cover, aluminium framed flyscreen, telescopic loading ramp by Fiamma (new), Truma ultraflow filter (new), 6 new MR11 LED bulbs, magnetic bonnet vent covers, storage nets x4 (new), concentrated toilet chemical, various other bits and pieces. Please have a look, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stagman

stagman Deleted User

3. Popeye

Popeye Funster

4. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

Have a lookie

It's cold and miserable so why not check out my sales on Ebay, you may find something interesting. I've to many to list but just type in the number 260954572184 to bring up one item and then check the others from sellers other items.
    Any sales will go towards our European trip in April, I may even send a card.

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

Ive got to agree with Peter, some of the prices are dearer than you can buy new for with the dealers. Also the psychology of auctions is that people THINK they will get a bargain, so far better with bigger items is to start low but have a sensible reserve.

As for people not wanting to collect in person, this limits the number of bidders you will get, but hopefully somebody local will want to buy your items. If nobody buys this time round, relist with courier delivery possible. I personally use and recomend interparcel, as they are like agents for the bigger couriers but at far better rates due to volume. Theres a postage calculator on their site, so you need to know packed dimensions and weight, thats all. The courier can be booked to collect the item at a prearranged time slot too. So it really is very simple and in my experience cheaper than parcel farce and the post office in general

7. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

Thanks for that Peter, I could write a rather rude reply about motorhome dealers and there accessory prices but I'm not like that. I have sold on Ebay for over 9 years and have had no problem with collection. I don't have much for collect only but it all appears to sell eventually. There are a lot of motorhome owners in the North East so they need accessories.

8. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Bad move, Peter is one of The Good Guys. Dismiss his advice at your peril.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

So right Brian. I'm not too keen on the posts of Killjoy, whoops Wiljoy. :BigGrin:

Ivy

10. hilldweller

Time will show who is right.

Sometimes the nutters of ebay do pay more than brand new, he may get lucky.

11. schojac

schojac Read Only Funster

Agreed, some ebayers just do not do research. I'm sure the adrenelin kicks in and clouds any logical thought.

12. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

I know he is one of the good guys, I've admired his replies and advice since the site began. I didn't think that quote was very friendly, i was under the impression all funsters were friendly people.
    Never mind I now know that in future I shall not hold back my opinions. I stopped taking advice from dealers 20 years ago when I was done, big time, that's another story worth writing about.

13. hilldweller

Guilty as charged.

"That looks good"

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Not really.