Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Ive always praised tomtom, but recently, ive had one contract the "blue screen of death" after about 5 yrs, and my ten year old work one has been stolen, (silly me,left it lying about).
I bought one for £20 of ebay, an unamed weird one, for £20,...and up to now its proved to be....£20,s worth of kerap:ROFLMAO:.

I have some questions though, :ROFLMAO:before I lay out on a nice shiny new tomtom. First question, is do any of you use your phons for navigation?
As far as I can see, i can get three different mapping systems on my phone, lattitude being one of them.......any good.
Second question, is the SD cards in stnavs, are they interchangeable, ie will a tom tom fit another type?
Third question, if you use the phone satnav, do you use it stand alone, or connect it to somthing else?

Cheers.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
keep it simple

tomtom make very good satnavs. If you use the mapping apps on your phone you might have to take into account data usage. When you go into Europe this is a big consideration.

As for swapping systems and SD cards around, I can't imagine that would work.

Of course you can get tomtom on your smart phone as an offline app.

Keep in mind tomtom sat navs used to cost £550 about 8 years ago. Now you can have a very good one for about £150. So, keep it simple, get the right piece of kit for the job.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I run TomTom and CoPilot on my IPad and have downloaded a GPS app that "talks" to a small GPS receiver so I can run them without using data (as my IPad is wifi only) just have to make sure you have the IPad plugged in as they use a lot of battery. It's good as the IPad has many uses other than just a sat nav.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back