Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are first timers with a 7 metre motorhome. Can anyone help on the best Satnavs for driving mostly in Spain and occasionally in the rest of Europe. We live in Spain permanently now and don't want to be driving through some of the narrow medieval streets in many of the villages and cities..

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
We have the Garmin camper sat nav. You can programme height, width and weight of MH so it keeps you off the very narrow roads etc. Ours has European maps with lifetime updates. Hope this helps.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Garmin for us Dezl 560 works well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We live in Spain permanently now and don't want to be driving through some of the narrow medieval streets in many of the villages and cities..

indeed you don't.... but the Mk1 Eyeball is better than any sat nav..

Depend solely on a sat nav.. be it a camper model or not, and you will end up in trouble.. the road data base of road widths does not exist to give such accurate guidance...

Aldi were selling the Garmin Camper 760LMT-D. Lifetime Europe maps, and Traffic updates.

I bought one when they had dropped the price to £139.99 .. that is a real bargain for a great Sat Nav which retails from between £250 -£350.

doubt they will have any left, but worth calling Aldi customer care, they will advise if any in your neighbourhood stores. ..

Reactions: GJH

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
indeed you don't.... but the Mk1 Eyeball is better than any sat nav..

Depend solely on a sat nav.. be it a camper model or not, and you will end up in trouble.. the road data base of road widths does not exist to give such accurate guidance...

Aldi were selling the Garmin Camper 760LMT-D. Lifetime Europe maps, and Traffic updates.

I bought one when they had dropped the price to £139.99 .. that is a real bargain for a great Sat Nav which retails from between £250 -£350.

doubt they will have any left, but worth calling Aldi customer care, they will advise if any in your neighbourhood stores. ..

Absolutely right - the 3500kg database is a better guide than anything to do with dimensions. I back my Garmin 760 up with a 7 inch tablet running co-pilot and I still have to use commonsense (the commonsense not to disagree with my wife's suggestions :whistle:).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Finnsgran

Finnsgran

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Managed to get a Garmin at Tottenham near London for £139.99. Thanks for that scotjimland. They still have another one left if anyone is interested.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back