Satnavs for motorhomes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Finnsgran, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Finnsgran

Finnsgran

We are first timers with a 7 metre motorhome. Can anyone help on the best Satnavs for driving mostly in Spain and occasionally in the rest of Europe. We live in Spain permanently now and don't want to be driving through some of the narrow medieval streets in many of the villages and cities..

2. garjanco

garjanco Funster

We have the Garmin camper sat nav. You can programme height, width and weight of MH so it keeps you off the very narrow roads etc. Ours has European maps with lifetime updates. Hope this helps.

3. Speve

Speve Funster

Garmin for us Dezl 560 works well

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

indeed you don't.... but the Mk1 Eyeball is better than any sat nav..

Depend solely on a sat nav.. be it a camper model or not, and you will end up in trouble.. the road data base of road widths does not exist to give such accurate guidance...

Aldi were selling the Garmin Camper 760LMT-D. Lifetime Europe maps, and Traffic updates.

I bought one when they had dropped the price to £139.99 .. that is a real bargain for a great Sat Nav which retails from between £250 -£350.

doubt they will have any left, but worth calling Aldi customer care, they will advise if any in your neighbourhood stores. ..

• Like Like x 1
  5. Finnsgran

Finnsgran

I'm just going to call Aldi right now. It is worth a chance.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Movinon

Movinon Funster

Absolutely right - the 3500kg database is a better guide than anything to do with dimensions. I back my Garmin 760 up with a 7 inch tablet running co-pilot and I still have to use commonsense (the commonsense not to disagree with my wife's suggestions :whistle:).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Finnsgran

Finnsgran

Managed to get a Garmin at Tottenham near London for £139.99. Thanks for that scotjimland. They still have another one left if anyone is interested.

• Thanks Thanks x 1