Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi I have a metronic sr it locks on astra 28e and finds about 230 channels but the are all bbc ,the television is a vison plus with built in sat receivers
Any one got any idea why it won't picks up free view or its channels it's not the television because I have tried a avtex and it's the same thanks paul

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Are you saying the metronic satellite receiver finds 230 channels, all of which show in the EPG as BBC when said receiver is connected to the Visionplus or Avtex tv?

I know less than nothing about your metronic receiver. What happens if you use the tv's inbuilt satellite receiver instead of the metronic receiver? Does the expected array of free to air channels (potentially different to Freesat?) then show up in the tv's EPG?

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Ain't Freeview on traditional DTV / DVB input?(old school aerial input). Not sat. Freesat maybe on satellite.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Freeview is what you get through a TV Aerial NOT SATELLITE..
The nearest thing via a satellite dish is FREESAT BUT you must use a freesat branded receiver, this will give you a guide and structure like freeview with UK channels and in some order..

The Metronic and your avtex tv are FREE TO AIR... They will get the same channels but dont have the Program guide like you get with Freeview and Freesat..

OP
OP
musson

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Sorry meant free to air,I use the receivers on the televisions,I have spoken to Avtex and vision plus they say do a reset which i will try Avtex said it may be LNB for the cost I wioll try one
thanks for your replys

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back