Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
I have a Manual Maxview Satellite system and its a pain finding a satellite,is it an easy or inexpensive job to convert to automatic.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have a Manual Maxview Satellite system and its a pain finding a satellite,is it an easy or inexpensive job to convert to automatic.

I really doubt it can be done to be honest..

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
It's actually very easy to find the signal once you get used to using a signal meter and compass

I doubt you can convert it so would have to remove, sell and fit an auto in its place

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I bet it's like a rubic cube, you can do it or you can not. I am in the can not camp to, finding a signal like a mystic magic. Haha

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
It's actually very easy to find the signal once you get used to using a signal meter and compass

I doubt you can convert it so would have to remove, sell and fit an auto in its place

I had a manual system for 10 years and became quite proficient at picking up the satellite within a minute or two. It's helpful to use a sat finder and compass as @Big Nick mentioned. If you Google satelliteforcaravans you'll find a lot of useful information.

It's definitely not possible to convert a manual system to auto - at least, I've never heard about it. An auto needs a motor on the roof, linked to a magic black box inside.

My current van came with an auto system. In France this year it threw up an error message which I couldn't fix. I was wishing I still had the manual system. So, don't give up on your manual system, it's bullet proof, once you get the hang of it.

PS. If you use a sat finder don't keep it permanently connected. Once you've found the satellite, turn off the power to the digibox and disconnect the sat finder. Then use a flylead to connect the 2 ends. Push-on F connectors makes life so much easier. Then power up digibox. Bingo !!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back