Satellite tv (1 Viewer)

Oct 4, 2010
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
DETHLEFFS C CLASS
Exp
I intend travelling to Spain early next year and would welcome some advice on what satellite tv system to cover Spain and in the future possibly Italy, although Spain is the priority.
I have had a quote for a Road Pro 40 cm dome but although it covers France well ie most GB channels it is very limited in Spain ie ok just south of Barcelona.
If anyone has any advice on a system they have found to be reliable and able to cover Spain and possibly Italy, I would welcome their input please.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
You would need a huge dish to get UK channels south of Barcelona .. 1.5mt or more..
I had a 65cm .. that's about as big as you can comfortably carry or mount on the roof.

Further south you will get the Astra 2 southern beam with quite a few English channels. The ones I recall are BBC News, Euro News, true movies , men and motors ... you should get this with a 40 cm dome..

If you Google 'Astra footprints' it will show what satellites and size of dish required..

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Ditto what Scotjim has said..
Once you get down past Barcelona you loose the signals for the main British channels like BBC, ITV etc... In reality nothing you can buy and carry with you is practical.
Personally I have a 66cm Maxview crank up and that does fine for me.

Many going further south and doin long stays buy big dishes locally and fit them up for the stay and re-sell afterwards. Also some campsites have cabled in systems where you can plug in and sometimes give you channels like BBC that they receive on a large dish..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigmillie

Free Member
May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Found this pretty picture giving dish sizes for Spain :thumb:

Attachments

• astra-satellite-footprint-map-spain-600x505.jpg
    astra-satellite-footprint-map-spain-600x505.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 20

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
We live on the Costa Blanca and need a 2.4metre dish to receive UK TV and then its not always picture perfect, often depends on the atmospherics.

Wouldn't fancy bolting it to the top of the van either!!:ROFLMAO:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Gaurdie
I was thinking of a 1 metre Autosat fully auto matic dish mounted on the top, But I am now thinking of just taking my 1.2 metre free standing dish which gets all we want, subject to the weather and asking other campers what they have on their fitted dish or domes, no answer to your question I know but a bit of info, we go to Lamanga and Bonterra park which are both south of barceloner. Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

majo

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler
Exp
Only ever winter on the Algarve, where it is possible to rent a 1.3m dish. This will receive most UK television channels except in really bad conditions. Cost 40€ to set up then 15€ per month.

Does no one do this on the Costa's.

I have picked up ITV and BBC in Caceres north of Seville on an 85cm Oyster auto skew.
::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back