Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
A friend of ours who owns a caravan is travelling around Spain at the moment and he sent me an email asking this question below, can anyone help as I'm not into satellite tv.
Sorry about his English and punctuation.
John.

can you please help me with something there is a big dealer here he tell me he can put a sat finder on the roof of my van with 85 cm dish one of them that goes round and we can see english tv i did not know this i have been trying to find out if its true but every one i ask say a differant thing the cost is 1500 euro witch is ok if it works and is a good price so we are all for it but can you please look on the motor home web site and see if any one has any knowledge of it one day we would like to go to maroc he has told us we can have tv there on free sat aster 28.2 and it can pick this up fine can you help i just dont know what the truth any thing we have must pick up aster e on 28.2.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
He will likely be talking to someone who is really offering the Intel sat which you can get UK TV, if this is not the case he is being scammed, either way both an issue.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Most caravan roofs are not strong enough for a sat dish.
Motorhome roofs are 50mm to 75mm thick, some caravan roofs may only be 25mm to 30mm.
You can walk on most motorhome roofs, you wouldn't want to try it on a caravan.

And, unless it's a VERY big dish they won't get UK Sat TV in Spain...or even half way through France and certainly not in Morocco.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
You can get UKTV direct from the three main Astra 2 UKTV satellites in Spain - via Sky or Freesat.
What sized dish you require depends where you are in Spain. (and what channels you want)
Some areas can get the "main" (BBC ITV C4 Five) channels on an 85cm dish, other areas need a 3,4,or 5m dish.
(Not all areas of Spain need a "VERY big dish". And most of the Sky pay channels should be available on a 85-90cm dish across all of mainland Spain).

For Morocco, a 5 or 6m dish would be required for Astra 2 28, in which case 1500 for this size dish is a bargain!

Then there is the Intelsat satellite, which has about 10 UKTV channels, (All BBC, ITV1, C4, Film4 Five), which can be receive across all of Spain (and Morocco) on a small (like 85cm) dish, but requires certain receivers that allow you to hack into the "not for public" encrypted feeds. (1500 for this set up sounds steep.... no not steep, vertical!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back