satellite signal

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by paula2072, Sep 30, 2009.

1. paula2072

paula2072 Read Only Funster

Hi all.
    I was wondering could anyone help me. We have been away the last few days to different campsites and at the last one we couldent get a signal from the satellite at all, there was a small hill in the distance could this stop it from working, or is there something else it could be that we are doing wrong.
    We also have a tv ariel but didnt try this as we didnt have a lead for it, can you get good reception with a tv ariel.
    Thank very much for all your help.
    Paula.:Smile:

2. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi again Paula
    With a dish you should always get a signal as it comes down to the dish, check you are pointing at the sat and also have the dish at the right degree of angle, tv Ariel will depend on were you are, I parked one night in Darbyshire moved the van out next day on return same pitch no signal the night before good picture. Pete:thumb:

3. mondo

mondo Read Only Funster

Try this link it explains all about how satellites work or don't work www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk no fancy language or silly words all in laymans terms

Hope this helps
    Ray

4. Wupert

Wupert Read Only Funster

A small hill should have no effect on the sat signal.

Even though we have a Camos I always carry a compass to find South so that I can park with a clear view of the Sats

Wups

5. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

Sat TV

Not an expert but have used my Road Pro sat TV system for the past 3 years both in UK and abroad as far as south Spain and the western edge of Portugal. The secret is perseverence. I hope you have a sat finder and if not buy one as they are worth it. A bit of time spent setting up the system (if like me on an external stand) will be of great help. If you are not level, just being a bit off level and you will miss the signal. Remember the signal comes from "on high" so a small hill will not interfere with it unless you are directly behind it or tree or building or are in Iceland!!