Satellite reception France

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Brianandbarbara, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Brianandbarbara

Brianandbarbara Read Only Funster

Morning all, in sunny France (at last). We don't seem to be able to receive any reception for any Bbc channels or Itv, but can get channel 4&5,plus others, has anyone else had this problem, any suggestions gratefully received. :Smile:

2. Ber090

Ber090 Funster Life Member

HI, We are near Cap d'Agde on site and getting all channels with no problems.
    Cheers
    Bernie

3. Brianandbarbara

Satellite France

Thanks Bernie, we are using the road pro dome system, what are you using and which satellite are you using, we are on Astra 2 south, thank you

4. Larby

Larby Funster

You don't say where in France as it's quite big !
    I have an old sky dish mounted on a tripod and several feet of cable into a Freeview box from home. Both box and TV 240v via an inverter
    The OH got her Emmerdale no problem. We were on the Bay of Biscay 30 miles south of Royan.

5. keith

keith Funster

I guess you are in S France then on the Southern Astra beam, and on the South beam it will be difficult to get BBC unless you have a large dish.

6. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

We have used a 60cm wind up sat dish ... all over France... on the Med included...and in some of the places we stopped at in Spain.... we received everything we required in Portugal along the Algarve...we have never had a problem getting the channels you mentioned plus all the extra channels ???......unless there was a building or a large tree in front of the sat dish...even at Pedro's place at Guia i could receive all channels untill on my return back to Peros after touring along the algarve and the only pitch that was available to me was one with a few large trees in line of sight of the sat dish...so Pedro supplied me a dish on a pallet to to locate a line of site of the sat required...I have now purchased a automatic dish a Mobilsat and I am having the same good results without me having to manual tune:BigGrin:....this automatic dish Mobilsat also received all the channel on the algarve as a friend and funster had one.. Alan (laneside) when other sat dish's had problems receiving a signal (with a bigger dish)...:Doh:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  7. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

We have a Road Pro Dome, and had all UK channels all the way along the south coast and into Spain a few weeks ago.

Which receiver are you using?

:BigGrin:

8. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

I have the same dish as Heyupluv and having travelled via France/UK/France/Belgium/Germany and back to Spain in Apr/May/June this year I had not problems getting channels all be it sometimes not Channels 5,5USA and 5*, but BBC and ITV not a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  9. laneside

laneside Funster

We are down in Castillonnes near to Bergerac and I have all the Sky programmes that we subscribe to and just checked the signal and it is almost perfect

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brianandbarbara

Satellite reception

Thanks for the replies and suggestions, yes Sorry France is a big country, we are travelling down the West Coast, and have settled for a few days at the Isle De Re, west of La Rochelle. We were on Astra 2 s but are now trying others, with no luck so far :Sad:

11. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

More info would help:

What receiver are you using ? - what Sat system are you using ? do you have a smart phone ? ( if so I can explain why I ask )

• Like Like x 1