Free Member
Jan 20, 2013
North Devon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Morning all, in sunny France (at last). We don't seem to be able to receive any reception for any Bbc channels or Itv, but can get channel 4&5,plus others, has anyone else had this problem, any suggestions gratefully received. :Smile:

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
HI, We are near Cap d'Agde on site and getting all channels with no problems.
Cheers
Bernie

OP
OP
B

Brianandbarbara

Free Member
Jan 20, 2013
North Devon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Satellite France

Thanks Bernie, we are using the road pro dome system, what are you using and which satellite are you using, we are on Astra 2 south, thank you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
You don't say where in France as it's quite big !
I have an old sky dish mounted on a tripod and several feet of cable into a Freeview box from home. Both box and TV 240v via an inverter
The OH got her Emmerdale no problem. We were on the Bay of Biscay 30 miles south of Royan.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Thanks Bernie, we are using the road pro dome system, what are you using and which satellite are you using, we are on Astra 2 south, thank you

I guess you are in S France then on the Southern Astra beam, and on the South beam it will be difficult to get BBC unless you have a large dish.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Morning all, in sunny France (at last). We don't seem to be able to receive any reception for any Bbc channels or Itv, but can get channel 4&5,plus others, has anyone else had this problem, any suggestions gratefully received. :Smile:

We have used a 60cm wind up sat dish ... all over France... on the Med included...and in some of the places we stopped at in Spain.... we received everything we required in Portugal along the Algarve...we have never had a problem getting the channels you mentioned plus all the extra channels ???......unless there was a building or a large tree in front of the sat dish...even at Pedro's place at Guia i could receive all channels untill on my return back to Peros after touring along the algarve and the only pitch that was available to me was one with a few large trees in line of sight of the sat dish...so Pedro supplied me a dish on a pallet to to locate a line of site of the sat required...I have now purchased a automatic dish a Mobilsat and I am having the same good results without me having to manual tune::bigsmile:....this automatic dish Mobilsat also received all the channel on the algarve as a friend and funster had one.. Alan (laneside) when other sat dish's had problems receiving a signal (with a bigger dish)...:Doh:

Last edited:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

We have a Road Pro Dome, and had all UK channels all the way along the south coast and into Spain a few weeks ago.

Which receiver are you using?

::bigsmile:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I have the same dish as Heyupluv and having travelled via France/UK/France/Belgium/Germany and back to Spain in Apr/May/June this year I had not problems getting channels all be it sometimes not Channels 5,5USA and 5*, but BBC and ITV not a problem.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We are down in Castillonnes near to Bergerac and I have all the Sky programmes that we subscribe to and just checked the signal and it is almost perfect

OP
OP
B

Brianandbarbara

Free Member
Jan 20, 2013
North Devon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Satellite reception

Thanks for the replies and suggestions, yes Sorry France is a big country, we are travelling down the West Coast, and have settled for a few days at the Isle De Re, west of La Rochelle. We were on Astra 2 s but are now trying others, with no luck so far :Sad:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Thanks for the replies and suggestions, yes Sorry France is a big country, we are travelling down the West Coast, and have settled for a few days at the Isle De Re, west of La Rochelle. We were on Astra 2 s but are now trying others, with no luck so far :Sad:

More info would help:

What receiver are you using ? - what Sat system are you using ? do you have a smart phone ? ( if so I can explain why I ask )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back