UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
We are in France the Teleco Magic sat dish is not locking on at all
it was working fine when we left home.
The satellite dish spins and adjusts then always returns to the position ready for lowering down but does not go down until we press the down button.
We had a lot of snow and a little dribble of water came down the cable from the dish
I have now sealed the gland with some silicone as a temp fix
The water dripped onto the top of this box but I don't know if any went inside it( I don't know what the box does) When we bought the van it had two Tv's we removed one I wondered if this was a splitter box of some sort. I then wondered if I could take it out the line and connect straight into the Teleco box
anyone any suggestions as to what this box does. Or any suggestions at all. Please don't say chuck it in the hedge

Many thanks in advance
Kev

Attachments

• IMG_4992.JPG
    IMG_4992.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 48
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Looks like some sort of booster / splitter to me.
Are you absolutely sure you are able to get a satellite fix where you are located. I watch with much merryment as motorhomes move back and forward, pitch to pitch trying to get a clear fix..

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
Certainly looks like one in / two out splitter with amplification as it has a power feed and says to 'open cover for gain control'.

You could try turning the gain up or taking the box out of the equation but, if the system used to work perfectly, I would go outside and check that there is not a tree between you and the satellite as this is what I always find when my manual system fails to get a signal. It is surprising how little it needs if it is directly in line.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Duck Truck

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Hi guys no obstructions and everyone else's works
will try the gain
but it hasn't been altered and has worked fine for the last 5 years we have had the van.
It's done the same thing at all our stops
Kev

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You say everyone else's works but are they on Astra1 or 2 and which one are you looking for as Astra2 footprint has reduced.

Martin

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
We are in France the Teleco Magic sat dish is not locking on at all
it was working fine when we left home.
The satellite dish spins and adjusts then always returns to the position ready for lowering down but does not go down until we press the down button.
We had a lot of snow and a little dribble of water came down the cable from the dish
I have now sealed the gland with some silicone as a temp fix
The water dripped onto the top of this box but I don't know if any went inside it( I don't know what the box does) When we bought the van it had two Tv's we removed one I wondered if this was a splitter box of some sort. I then wondered if I could take it out the line and connect straight into the Teleco box
anyone any suggestions as to what this box does. Or any suggestions at all. Please don't say chuck it in the hedge

Many thanks in advance
Kev
Depends on what size your dish is and how far down in France you are. If it was Ok when at home - presume Uk it maybe be you're too far down dependent on your sat dish size. Last summer we could not get a decent signal even at St Malo and we had no chance further South with a 12" dish

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
which one are you looking for as Astra2 footprint has reduced.

Depends on what size your dish is and how far down in France you are
... and which of the 100+ frequencies you are trying to lock onto....

Some are on a European beam, which should be nice and easy to receive, whilst some are on the UK beam, harder to receive the further south you go.

For the OP: isn't the Teleco AT36 a digital terrestrial splitter (ie for a TV aerial? and not for satellite?

OP
OP
Duck Truck

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Hi Guys we are in the Northern Alps at La Plagne.

Hi satguy I dont know what the box is or for.

I was just concerned that some water got in it and and it was part of the satellite system.

the dish is a big over 2 feet wide. I am cursing myself for the first time I didn't bring the manuals with us.

Kev

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back