Satellite locating

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by offwego, May 27, 2011.

1. offwego

offwego Read Only Funster

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this question has already been posed.
    Took delivery of my second hand motorhome yesterday and have been fiddling about with the television reception today. Living in France (Bordeaux area) and wishing to capture Astra on 28.2E I was trying to locate the satellite without too much success. The van has a 60cm dish and a manual search facility. Anyone advise on a quick and dirty solution to finding the satellite (not too dirty I hope !). I appreciate that a 60cm dish may be pushing the limits for good reception in the SW of France and missing the satellite by just a few degrees on earth means "beaucoup" up there.
    Would appreciate any experienced Funsters knowledge of this problem.

bonne route

2. Satandpcguy

Satandpcguy Funster

hows about using http://www.dishpointer.com/
    select the satellite, locate your location on the map, and it should you the direction the dish should point...it is not 100% accurate, but blooming close!

Also, make sure the receiver is on a nice and strong channel / frequency - like sky news 12207 v, rather then a weak channel / frequency that your dish may struggle to receive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Thanks for that, a brilliant link, I put my post code in and the result was almost instant:thumb::thumb: