Jun 28, 2011
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi
Would appreciate opinions regarding sat systems. We were at a recent show at Belvoir Castle and got talking with a lady from Jackson Satellites, who was raving about the Oyster Caro Digital. We're intending to buy a Bolero 680fb and travel around UK and Europe and would like a good system with decent coverage. Any advise would be appreciated.

Richard.
I have a sky box that I can use

Last edited:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Hi
Would appreciate opinions regarding sat systems. We were at a recent show at Belvoir Castle and got talking with a lady from Jackson Satellites, who was raving about the Oyster Caro Digital. We're intending to buy a Bolero 680fb and travel around UK and Europe and would like a good system with decent coverage. Any advise would be appreciated.

Richard.

Hi Richard

I got a KVH tracVision fitted by vanbitz down in taunton who have a good reputation on here....you dont want a cowboy fitting expensive gear.
I like the idea of a dome as nothing is out in the weather and there is no big dish to go up. Also can be used in any conditions.

So far its been great........stop anywhere and 1 minute later you are watching a quality pic.

So far only used in uk........Im guessing most of france and further east would be ok.

When you get down into spain you will need bigger dishes to pick up sky
but there are other satellites down there that will give some english progs.

So I like my KVH very neat.
And some compelling reasons to get one v other systems but I'll leave the selling to them :)

barry

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
Hi

Richard.

I have an Oyster satellite system fitted by Robert Jackson and have nothing but praise for him. He came to my house to supply and fit the dish and digibox and, when I changed the motorhome he transferred the equipment to the new van. Follow up service was exemplary and when I did have a problem I phoned him on his mobile and he talked me into correcting my mistake! Strongly recommended.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

rronyag

Free Member
Jun 28, 2011
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the advice and recommendations. I've thought about a domed system but a little concerned about the height issue with the possibility of damaging the dome. I must say that Jacksons did sound quite impressive regarding the Oyster Caro, I'll take some time to think about which system to go for.
Richard

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
::bigsmile: oyster system is the best all round,but not cheap,, but the saterlite,s you can hook up to is a big list,,,,most m/h ers only go onto astra but there are dozens of them and still free. i had a problem with my system and whent to shows on a promiis by dealers mentionde above and others they would fix it,,, told no we cant fix it ?? would sell me a new system cheaper than the normal full price :cry: made a call to oyster sat tec the importers of oyster ten haff system as a last resort, they said come up to us we will look at it for free:thumb::thumb: free oaver night parking in a loverly place, well they fixed it for £50.00 and updated ths soft ware did a total re install and loged into the system all the sats again,,,,service well 2o**** brill service where others fall down and a full 2 years gurantee ,use oyster sat tec, p/s they sell all the systems to the other fitters on behalf of oyster ???? :thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Had two systems.. Oyster is easy to use and sturdy.. But jus as important is that you speak to anyone involved with Rob Jackson and you can bet your life you are in safe and very honourable hands..

Great people to deal with at all levels :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We have a NETA dome

We have a NETA dome also fitted by VanBitz.. professional service, but would make sure the roof connections are done up tight.. mine came undone in less than 2 years on the roof. But the overall job was very well done. Not cheap, but you only get what you pay for.

Why a dome and not a dish.. for me is that the dish can snag in tree's but the dome does not. The dome is not a lot higher than a dish and I have found that other than the big letters on the dome saying NETA there is not a problem..

But I suggest you phone VanBitz for some info.. they will do a good job

Bob:thumb:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We also have the KVH dome, with twin LNB. It picked up Sky+ in the Pyranees and the south of France. I think you will need an external 80-100 cm south of Barcelona, but we would not be without the Dome, it is great!!

In Spain we witnessed an Oyster being blown off the roof of a motorhome, you dont have that problem with a Dome and we have not had much trouble with reception in the rain.

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back