LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having taken an old analogue Oyster off a van some time ago I can only comment on the fitting of that one. There was a sheet of alloy checkerplate stuck to the roof with Sikaflex and the Oyster was then bolted to it. The glue was so strong on the stuck down bit, I had to leave it there.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Are they simply glued on the roof?

Just seen some instructions and that's what appears to happen..

Yes..in most cases... On mine I have just put sikaflex to the underside of the base plate then bolted the dish to the plate....NO screws....although there are holes in the base plate, but to be honest.. have you seen the thickness of the outside roof skin:Eeek: about 2mm thick..then the polystyrene sandwich the 4 screws would not realy hold anything......unless you intend to go all the way through to the inner 2mm ply inside and fit a large SS plate:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There is a plate stuck to the middle of the roof of our van with 4 studs protruding from it. When Dave Newell fitted our solar panel Jill asked if he knew what it was. He said it was most probably a base plate for a satellite system, similar to that referenced by Snowbird.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
There is a plate stuck to the middle of the roof of our van with 4 studs protruding from it. When Dave Newell fitted our solar panel Jill asked if he knew what it was. He said it was most probably a base plate for a satellite system, similar to that referenced by Snowbird.

Nooo ...... I'm sure in your case Graham it was one of these .........

taj-mahal-photo.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back