Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi All
I have a KVH dome and have the choice of setting up (tri-sat) thats 3 satellites into its memory then scanning all FTA CHANNELS into my satellite receiver,so obviousely my first choice would be Astra 2(28.3) but what other satellites would you very knowledgable people suggest and why?
Many thanks:thumb:

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
For me astra1 & astra3 but only because i can watch Belgium and Dutch TV.

So there is a lot of English films on Dutch TV.and i think they are free not sure.

I dont know what is on Hotbird.

Mel

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi All
I have a KVH dome and have the choice of setting up (tri-sat) thats 3 satellites into its memory then scanning all FTA CHANNELS into my satellite receiver,so obviousely my first choice would be Astra 2(28.3) but what other satellites would you very knowledgable people suggest and why?
Many thanks:thumb:

LOL you have no choice:winky: The pre loaded satellites are Astra 1 Astra 2 and Hotbird.

That is if you KVH is a Tri-Sat unit, if it is a UK unit it will automatically seek Astra 2 when turned on.

It can be changed from UK only to Tri - Sat by any decent KVH dealer (different to retailer :winky:) as they will have the equipment and hardware to do this for you.

Astra 1 and Hotbird carry some English speaking content mainly news, weather and current affairs, Eurosport and RTL are popular with people who enjoy sport. RTL for example is often used to watch the Formula One motor racing. The commentary is in German, so mute that and listen to the live commentary of Radio Five Live:thumb:

Cheers

Eddie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Red Dragon
Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Tri-sat

Many thanks Eddie
Yes its a tri-sat dome,are you saying that it is restricted to Astra 1/2 and Hotbird only? as the literature says you can add different Sats to its library,or you can, but they dont work:ROFLMAO:
And there's me thinking I asked a really smart question,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Many thanks Eddie
Yes its a tri-sat dome,are you saying that it is restricted to Astra 1/2 and Hotbird only? as the literature says you can add different Sats to its library,or you can, but they dont work:ROFLMAO:
And there's me thinking I asked a really smart question,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::thumb:

You can add different satellites to the library, if you use a programme called "hyper terminal and use a RS-232 connector from your lap top to the RS-232 port on the KVH system.

At that point you can add the additional satellites should you wish. Be careful though as you'll need to ensure that the digi box your using will support Diseqc on the new satellite you select.

Frankly though unless you have a burning desire for a specific satellite the pre -loaded three are the best options

Let me know though if you need more information

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back