satellite box via RCA connector (1 Viewer)

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
A question for all you "Techies" out there. I have just got an Avtex W103D TV for the van which is great. One thing it doesn't have is a scart socket, the only time it would be a problem is if I took the satellite box and dish (which is not very often) usually just use directional aerial for freeview. It has an AV in socket and a set of RCA type plugs one for video and one each for Lt & Rt audio which terminates in a small jack plug. I have seen adaptors to convert scart to RCA, but will this work with a satellite box.

I don't take the satellite dish away very often as by the time I have lined the dish up I have lost the will to live. :ROFLMAO:

John

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Yes it will work. This will do both directions just in case you ever need to reverse. :Smile:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-Adapter-PHONO-S-VHS-OUT/dp/B000JJ5FLG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1300898245&sr=8-4[/ame]

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
A question for all you "Techies" out there. I have just got an Avtex W103D TV for the van which is great. One thing it doesn't have is a scart socket, the only time it would be a problem is if I took the satellite box and dish (which is not very often) usually just use directional aerial for freeview. It has an AV in socket and a set of RCA type plugs one for video and one each for Lt & Rt audio which terminates in a small jack plug. I have seen adaptors to convert scart to RCA, but will this work with a satellite box.

I don't take the satellite dish away very often as by the time I have lined the dish up I have lost the will to live. :ROFLMAO:

John

Yes no problems with a scart/rca adaptor......:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back