satelitte

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by chippy63, Jul 22, 2013.

1. chippy63

chippy63 Funster

Decided to get a auto satelitte dish, looking around & talking to traders at knutsford the best for the money seems to be an avtex snipe.we are really limited to roof space and anything else we would struggle to fit.

there don't seem to be much info good or bad about them, but the traders seem to rave about them, i do wonder why its so cheap though?.

The other thing is we need a reciever, what makes one better than the other?? does anyone know,i have found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eagle-Box-HD-MINI-HD-CA-USB-PVR-LAN-Ethernet-Satellite-Receiver-Eaglebox-/130702076413?t=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item1e6e7369fd

anybody got one, opinous good or bad ?.or is it just too cheap to be any good?

One trader at the show did mention they had a used oyster caro vision we could have but that was a £1000.00 compared to the avtex at £700.00 inc base plate.

Karl

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

I just happen to have 2 satellite receivers available.. :BigGrin:
    Both operate on 12v and mains, so ideal for van use... Also they are what are called "free to air" so tune in all channels from which ever satellite you tune in.

One is a Ross HD receiver, vert small and compact.. It does come with a dish and other bits for £40 or you can have receiver only at £30

Also have a Dream box, again 12v and free to air.. £35

The receiver you have listed will do the job as well..
    Location is Cannock, welcome to pop by and have a look. Drink coffee and chat satellite and motorhomes. :thumb:

Cant help with info on the dish you mentioned, not seen one as yet..

• Like Like x 1
  3. BgClick

BgClick Funster

hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread but can I ask how your dish for sale works with the motorhome, is it a stand based dish?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Phill D

Phill D

5. ukbill

ukbill Funster

if u will be at malvern have a chat to pete(knuckledragger) i think he was selling his sat dome