satelite system (1 Viewer)

joanie

Free Member
Mar 24, 2008
donegal,ireland
Funster No
Exp
three years,on and off
we are thinking of buying a satelite system but which is best for spain?oyster or teleco?:its not just for spain but which would be best?thanks. joanie:RollEyes:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi

No experience of either, far too expensive for me, but both will work in Spain

Pappa's statement was a bit misleading, he is correct, you won't receive Astra North which has all the UK channels but you will get Astra South, Hotbird, Eurobird etc , all with some English channels, for example, BBC News, True Movies, CNN etc

Google 'Satellite Coverage' for the foot prints .. and dish size requirements

also some good information HERE

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
There is no argument about the "best system" it is the Katherein CAP 900 imported by RoadPro. On the RoadPro web site there is a Google map showing how well the CAP900 works in comparison to "normal" dishes

Twin LNB, with auto skew and a GPS device built in so it knows where it is and therefore "looks" at the correct satellite, them automatically adjusts itself to get the strongest signal and the highest signal strength (both normally 100%)

The system does not need a separate decoder and will lock on to any of the known entertainment satellites and decode whatever is free to air.

The second LNB can be used to run a second digibox allowing two things to be watched at the same time, or the recording of one programme, whilst watching another

Eddie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Hi Jim

We sell loads of different ones, and we are now the UK importers of the complete Alden range of products including numerous satellite systems.

Take a peek on the roof of our Winnie, Ahem, you'll see a CAP 900:Blush:

But don't tell anybody :secret:

Cheers

Eddie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi

No experience of either, far too expensive for me, but both will work in Spain

Pappa's statement was a bit misleading, he is correct, you won't receive Astra North which has all the UK channels but you will get Astra South, Hotbird, Eurobird etc , all with some English channels, for example, BBC News, True Movies, CNN etc

Google 'Satellite Coverage' for the foot prints .. and dish size requirements

also some good information HERE

sorry joanie....Jims right....my post was a bit vague but i assumed you want to watch british TV channels..:Blush:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sat dishes,systems are the most confusing area of motorhoming in my opinion.I have been able to watch sky tv above the arctic circle and in the Sahara,but NOT in Benidorm.I use an old 1metre oyster and that works OK for me,but there is somthing newer and better on the market every week.I have seen people vertualy throw a small dish out of the window and watch tv,and I have seen the all singing,all dancing sats not get a signal.Regards,Dave.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back