Satelite reception during Our Winter tour of France,Spain & Portugal

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Speve, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Speve

Speve Funster

Thought this may be useful for anyone considering satelite systems ours is Dealer fitted system as stated below.

We have been on the road since Sunday 24/1/16 travelling through France into Spain and Portugal and received signal using an Alden automatic Onelite 60 satellite dish and Sky Pace box All sky channels including the BBC & ITV stations in following stops,where there are variations we have listed them.

Bellicourt,Northern France

Langres, Champagne

Givry, Burgundy

Vienne, Rhone Alps.

Still receiving most Sky channels on locations below.

Aniane,Mediterranean,France. No BBC or ITV most of Sky channels available
    Port La Nouvelle,Perpignan. No BBC or ITV most of Sky channels available

We will be travelling along the coast Westwards through Spain into Portugal over the next three months and will report our success or failures en route.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

I think you're in for a blank screen unless you have a Sky " robbery" card
    or a 3 metre dish. Good luck anyway and I look forward to your reports.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Speve

Speve Funster

(y)
    I do have a 1.2m free standing dish with me but hoping I won't need to use it. WATCH THIS SPACE!(y)

4. Speve

Speve Funster

(y)Today at Blanes East of Barcelona.
    Sat dish locked to Astra and receiving no BBC or ITV.most Sky channels available. Parked amongst trees as well.(y)

5. Speve

Speve Funster

:whew:We have now made our way Down to Cabo de Gata and here is reception at various stops.
    Tortosa:- very few programmes on sky however could get 85 channels on our Cello traveller tv only a few in English
    Ibi:- as above
    Cabo de Gata:- as above have now set up ground standing 1.2m dish using Sky box can get most sky programmes except of course BBC & ITV. Sun has been shining but a little chilly in the wind better than being in UK though.
    We are staying here for around four weeks so no more reports for a while.:whew:

6. Speve

Speve Funster

:sun:Now moved to near Hinojos,near Donana national park,cannot get many English channels on Alden 60 dish,tried 1.2 freestanding dish can get lock onto Astra 2 and receive 425 channels mostly German very few English and certainly no signal for Sky box.
    Resorted to watching dvd's anyway it's to nice to be watching telly nice warm days great for getting around Donana birding a bit chilly over night but soon warms up when sun gets above the trees,not moving for another three weeks then heading for Castro Verde, Portugal.
    Watch this space:sun:

• Like Like x 1
  7. campa cola

campa cola Funster

You may find the signal issue is because 50 French vans have now parked 2mm away from you......go check ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Foghorn Leghorn

Foghorn Leghorn Funster

Just back from Albufeira on the Algarve and using my automatic 85cm dish with autoskew could most Sky channels and of the ones not available the +1 hour were .
    Also all Sky sports and movies available plus all Discovery channels and History and of course Sky news

9. Foghorn Leghorn

Foghorn Leghorn Funster

Also further to my last post we had ITV Scotland as far down as Caceres plus all Sky were currently in Oliva and BBC 1 , ITV 1, 2+1 , 3 & 4 also channel 4HD available and all the 5s

• Like Like x 2
  10. Speve

Speve Funster

Had a Quick look but no there is not one French van out there they don't like paying to stop we are at a new site Los Donarrayon about 7km from El Rocio and very nice it is to once established I think it will be quite popular.:sun:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

No way will that be big enough in Spain. Most hire locally if on site for a month at least. Massive dishes....I'm amazed when touring people bother with TV. ....life to short:)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Speve

Speve Funster

Worked well in Cabo de Gata we like to have it for dark evenings as it can be quite cold at night down here at this time of the year and we don't go dining out a lot.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Speve

Speve Funster

Well we have moved around a bit since my last post firstly the municipal site at Castro Verde, Portugal Alden 60cm dish locked onto Astra 2 received around 80 channels mostly foreign could get Euronews, movies4men & movies4men+1.stayed six nights for €60 good value.
    Moved onto Caceres now and same dish locks on Astra 2 receives sky and can get a good variety of channels however not BBC & ITV nothing new there then, it's been raining on and off since we arrived and doesn't look like changing for the rest of this week! Still got some telly to watch and it's warmer than being at home I suppose.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Speve

Speve Funster

15. Brakers

Brakers Funster Life Member

Wow Speve €60 even I would pay that and some say I'm a real tight arse. :LOL:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Speve

Speve Funster

@Brakers yes the municipal site is really good value that was with a car trailer as well

• Like Like x 1