Mar 3, 2014
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi,
i recently bought a 2008 Hymer 524 SL from germany, the TV worked fine, dish in elevated position, get home, no idea how to get dish to elevate, all i get on tv is a message seeking cable, the dish, and i imagine the system i an ALDEN is there something else i need ?.
Gone me Pete

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The Alden should have a control box and if it worked in Germany it should at least raise the dish ..
usually sited in a wardrobe or cupboard near the dish .. it may be switched off ?

the latest control box looks like this.. it's the one I have..

yours may be different if an older system... pressing the ON button should raise the dish and start it searching

XPI-SSC-HD.jpg

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I dont know the ALDEN system but there must be a control panel with an ON switch/button someplace that puts the dish up, when you say it worked was that in Germany on a German channel.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

marletpeter

Free Member
Mar 3, 2014
Scarborough
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Im a newbie
Hi,
thanks for replies, yes it worked in germany with german channels, and yes there is a control box, i have turned that on, but still only cable search dish does not rise. i can only see the rear of the control box, as it is sighted in a cupboard with the cables towards me perhaps i should remove/or turn it around.
Gone me Pete

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sorry I'm out, but when you do get it to go up you will need to tell it to find Astra2 if you want UK channels as it will be set for Astra1 being from Germany.

Martin

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Don't know if the same problem but we imported a new van from Germany this year with an Alden Onelite 60 sat system with the SSC pictured on previous post and could not lock on to Astra at all it had to be sent back to Alden in France for sorting we are awaiting delivery of it back to us this week hopefully it will work.
We are keeping everything crossed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back