Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
When I was at the Nec on Sunday i was looking at satalite systems for MH as not got at the moment. Spoke to 4 different suppliers and got different information on reception in the north of Scotland where i live and where the MH isused most weekends. Some say ASTRA 2 covers all of uk plus most of europe others said that will not cover the north of scotland and when new satalite launched coverage will be worse. Anyone any ideas and what is best dome or dish ?? what one that is fully automatic unless someone can convince me that protable ones are easy to login to signal.

The lady at jacksons seemed most informed and say they do a uk wide fitting service, anyone used them ???

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Go for it !!

When I was at the Nec on Sunday i was looking at satalite systems for MH as not got at the moment. Spoke to 4 different suppliers and got different information on reception in the north of Scotland where i live and where the MH isused most weekends. Some say ASTRA 2 covers all of uk plus most of europe others said that will not cover the north of scotland and when new satalite launched coverage will be worse. Anyone any ideas and what is best dome or dish ?? what one that is fully automatic unless someone can convince me that protable ones are easy to login to signal.

The lady at jacksons seemed most informed and say they do a uk wide fitting service, anyone used them ???

They fitted my Sat System !! I would have no qualms in reccomending them ! :thumb:
Dave Newell in Telford (Bit far away for you !! )is another ace man with a motorhome !!:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
They fitted mine on my drive in Southampton very good service and no complaints. I would use them again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the only thing wrong with a fixed dish is the fact that it is fixed in one location on the van roof.
and if there are trees / buildings in the way then you have got problems.

for example if it is fitted towards the front of the van and has a tree in line with it you have to turn the van around so there isn't a tree in the way just to find that the campsite hitler says you cant park facing that way.

in these circumstances a portable non fixed option is a good one to have either a manual dish on a tripod or one of the remote controlled ones i think that jacksons do a freestanding dome that is fully auto or there is the Vu Qube remote controlled one.

either way have a read at this and you will see what can happen Broken Link Removed

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back