Sat tv, solar and alarm (1 Viewer)

Hussar

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Dropping my van into KLF automotive in Andover Hampshire tomorrow to have a through the roof sat system, cat 1 alarm and 80w solar panels fitted.
They are a good company who I have used before (although not for M/H work).
Should take about a week to do which is fine as I'm up in Glasgow next week for work.
I have not yet been out in the van, but am looking forward to my first outing over the easter weekend. Will feel much happier knowing the solar is helping to keep the batteries topped up.:Smile:

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Hi....What sat system are you having fitted...In a couple of weeks i'am having the Oyster Carlo fitted...Dave

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
"should take about a week to fit" Really? It should only take about a day and a half to do those three jobs.:winky: Not that it matters to you unless they're charging a weeks worth of labour of course:cry:.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Hussar

Hussar

Free Member
Aug 22, 2009
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Its a camos? flat top system I believe, and yes they probably could do it in less than a week if I requested them to. However as I am in no rush due to being away with work and therefore unable to use the van, I will leave it with them till I get back. All in price is £1,459. They have done work for me in the past on my classic minis and their work there was top notch.
They have a good reputation for M/H work although they tend to concentrate on the bigger RV's for the F1 teams and suchlike.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I assume you mean the Camos crankup system, make sure they demonstrate how to use it. £1500 is a damned good price for all that, the Camos flatsat is £400 to start with (plus fitting, plus receiver), an 80 watt panel with regulator will usually run to about £650-£700 (fitted) and a full Cat 1 alarm system with switches on all doors and lockers would rarely give you change from £400.

If all is well you've got a bargain, D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back