Sat: System

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Beachbum, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Beachbum

Beachbum Read Only Funster

I have a fully automated Sat: system (Kathrien) which is set up for German Programmes.
    Can someone advice me!!! I have got myself a 12/240v digi flat screen English TV, also a Sat/Freeview box with all the cables and wiring. Question is: Is it possible to connect the Kathrien automatic dish to my English box and TV to get English programmes?? Any help would be appreciated.

2. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

hi beachbum,

you should be able to set up your dish from the digibox on-screen installation menu screen, probably under the submenu 'antenna settings'
    just set it to search for 'astra2d' from the list. 28.2 deg east.

i dont know how the automatic dish works but there should be a submenu 'DISque' or simular name. this controls the motor, i believe.

hope this helps.

john.

3. Beachbum

Beachbum Read Only Funster

Thanks Papa, Will follow your instructions. I do have a manuel to help me along. Will keep my fingers crossed.

4. adventure

adventure Read Only Funster

Hi

Roadpro are the agents for the katherine dish, they did have a printable sheet for the setting for uk use but it has dissapeared, if you do not have any joy you could give them a ring, mark is the man who knows

5. Decmac

Decmac Read Only Funster

Satellite TV

Hi, have an Oyster Vision Sat dish which is automatic and set up for Astra 2 at the moment (BBCs and ITVs and CNN and much more) and works fine with the Sky Box on freeview. Will the same happen when I go to France soon or do I have to change from Astra 2 to some other satellite. I know, not much help to the other people's questions on this thread. Appreciate all advice - thanks.
    Decmac

6. Lampie

Lampie Read Only Funster

Demac

You should be fine to leave it as it is. My system is manual ( maxiview crank up ) had no problem on the south coast in France for two years and in Lake garda last year worked ok too, ok took a little longer to find it but it worked great.

Lampie

7. adventure

adventure Read Only Funster

Lampie is right just carry on as you are it does not make any difference to the oyster which continent you are on.
    :thumb: