Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
my oyster satellite wouldn't lock on to a satellite moved van hey presto worked just put it back on no signal :cry: any ideas just keeps going around trying to find satellite

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
my oyster satellite wouldn't lock on to a satellite moved van hey presto worked just put it back on no signal :cry: any ideas just keeps going around trying to find satellite

ine did the same without moving :Eeek: Tried Astra 1 and then 2 still no joy :Eeek:
Turned power to it off completely, re powered and hey presto.........weird but :thumb:
Good luck

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Will look in mine tomorrow to be sure I tell you correctly, but you need the power on , the dish down and pull a wire out (one like a telephone plug )and then press two buttons (I think the two arrow buttons) and within about ten seconds, still holding the buttons put the plug back in and it will go through the re-boot sequence. It does work but will confirm which wire and buttons tomorrow, if you do want to try beforehand you cannot spoil anything.

Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Had chance to look with brain in gear

Take out the flat wire from the larges box, mine is on the left but my box is mounted with lettering up side down. It is the one with the little plastic clip at back like a telephone wire, press and hold the two arrow buttons and within five seconds still holding the buttons put the wire back in.

Display should read re-boot if it doesn't then do it again, no worries you cannot break anything

have fun Alan

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Well did you break it or did it re-boot

We did what you said, but have just noticed we should have taken the wire out of the big main box and not the small box.

It didn't work, just spends all its time looking! will try the unplug and reboot again tomorrow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Don't worry Ed will have the satelitte moved for you:winky::roflmto:

Hope you get it sorted, blimey with a mate like Pat surely he'll soon have it sorted.

Otherwise there's a member on here called satandpcguy who might be of use,

See here Link Removed

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Mine was doing the same at Newark!

Going back to my winter post about changing to a dual lnb. I discovered, with a bit of help, that the auto search feature is controlled by the co-ax cable going down to the control box, where it links to the the gps, and then back up to feed the digibox. This is not to be confused with the display panel used to boot the system.

My control box was hidden away behind the fridge, accessed through the external vents. It may be that the cable has come adrift or been disturbed at the lnb end even. May be worth checking. If all else fails you can do a manual search with the display panel as a temporary measure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back