Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Link Removed
Anybody any experience of these.I have Garmin Zumo 660,but last year in France took us down some rather inappropriate roads,so thought would go for something I can put in dimensions of the MH.

teknik155

Free Member
Apr 9, 2012
irthlingborough
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2002
A suggestion .have a look in settings to see if you have set it to navigate via the shortest route. If this is so it will send by any road .if you have it set to quickest route it will route you via routes that have a higher speed limit. As a lorry driver this is how I've setup my garmin 250 w and I've had few problems. If I do come to a road thats looks iffy then I ignore it and carry on letting sat nav reroute me.hope this helps

OP
OP
hdvrod

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
A suggestion .have a look in settings to see if you have set it to navigate via the shortest route. If this is so it will send by any road .if you have it set to quickest route it will route you via routes that have a higher speed limit. As a lorry driver this is how I've setup my garmin 250 w and I've had few problems. If I do come to a road thats looks iffy then I ignore it and carry on letting sat nav reroute me.hope this helps
Usually use the "Quickest" option,but last year in France we came across roadworks with diversions,we were in the middle of nowhere and the sat nav took us down what were literally farm tracks the MH and trailer was 38 feet long so I would have had no chance of turning round had I needed to,imagine with the option to put in length etc it would have avoided these roads.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Link Removed
Anybody any experience of these.I have Garmin Zumo 660,but last year in France took us down some rather inappropriate roads,so thought would go for something I can put in dimensions of the MH.

Trouble is the zumo 660 is a bike satnav I tried mine in the car and van but found the routes it chose unsuitable, great on the bike but not much good in the van. The one you've looked at sounds good be interested to see if anyone has used one. Must be better than the Chinese Masai store one, sending mine back after too many faults.

OP
OP
hdvrod

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Been using the Zumo on car/bike and MH for few years now,works fine on the car(it has car setting) but would like the ability as I said to put in size info,another experience in France last year went into a town and saw sign for 3m bridge (we are 3.23) luckily there was a roundabout just before and we managed to turn around.

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
A few on here have

Link Removed

Excellent company so far all have had good response from them.

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back