sat navs again

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by hdvrod, Apr 16, 2013.

1. hdvrod

hdvrod Read Only Funster

2. teknik155

teknik155 Funster

A suggestion .have a look in settings to see if you have set it to navigate via the shortest route. If this is so it will send by any road .if you have it set to quickest route it will route you via routes that have a higher speed limit. As a lorry driver this is how I've setup my garmin 250 w and I've had few problems. If I do come to a road thats looks iffy then I ignore it and carry on letting sat nav reroute me.hope this helps

3. hdvrod

hdvrod Read Only Funster

Usually use the "Quickest" option,but last year in France we came across roadworks with diversions,we were in the middle of nowhere and the sat nav took us down what were literally farm tracks the MH and trailer was 38 feet long so I would have had no chance of turning round had I needed to,imagine with the option to put in length etc it would have avoided these roads.

4. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Trouble is the zumo 660 is a bike satnav I tried mine in the car and van but found the routes it chose unsuitable, great on the bike but not much good in the van. The one you've looked at sounds good be interested to see if anyone has used one. Must be better than the Chinese Masai store one, sending mine back after too many faults.

5. hdvrod

hdvrod Read Only Funster

Been using the Zumo on car/bike and MH for few years now,works fine on the car(it has car setting) but would like the ability as I said to put in size info,another experience in France last year went into a town and saw sign for 3m bridge (we are 3.23) luckily there was a roundabout just before and we managed to turn around.

6. SandJ

SandJ Read Only Funster