Sat Nav

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by bigmillie, Mar 4, 2011.

1. bigmillie

bigmillie Read Only Funster

Renault partner with ALK for NavTruck

Renault ALK NavTruckRenault have partnered with ALK technologies to develop a version of the popular CoPilot Truck app customised for use by professional drivers.

Launched first on iPhone (isn't everything these days?), NavTruck offers truck specific routing with options to avoid restricted roads based on vehicle dimensions input by the driver.

Your NavTruck will work out the best route and guide you depending on how you're travelling. Choose from Truck, Auto, Walking, RV, Motorcycle or Bicycle to set your mode of travel.

Read more here http://www.alk.eu.com/renault/guide-en.asp :thumb:

2. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

the app is available via the iTunes Appstore prices at £114.99 for the European map version.

3. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Not only is this pretty pricey for an app, but the chances are it needs internet connection to work so possibly high roaming charges abroad.

I thik I'll give it a miss, though I have an iPhone, as I think my two SatNavs (TomTom and Truckmate) are probably enough without adding a third :Laughing:

4. freelanderuk

freelanderuk Read Only Funster

size of app is 1.7gig so i think it would just work with the gps on the phone

5. imprint

imprint Read Only Funster

With any luck, tho, once the technology is out there, the price will come tumbling down.

6. 400ixl

400ixl Read Only Funster

The standard version of CoPilot has an RV option, at least on the Android platform.

Any idea what this gives over that? Does it allow for personal configuration details such as height and width?

7. bigmillie

bigmillie Read Only Funster

Found this

Truck Routing Profile
    NavTruck provides turn by turn GPS navigation designed for drivers of large vehicles.

NavTruck provides safe, reliable navigation for large vehicles, taking into account truck restricted and prohibited roads.

You can adjust NavTruck's routing to suit the vehicle dimensions and cargo type. Here's how:

* Select Menu > Truck.
    * Select Routing.
    * Select your vehicle type. Choose from Truck, Automobile, Motorcycle, Bicycle, Walking or RV (Recreational Vehicle).
    * If you selected Truck above, enter the Max Height, Max Width, Total Length, Total Weight and Total Axle Weight of your truck.
    * Customise your routing, by indicating your preference for a road type and setting a speed for each. For example, choose to strongly favour motorways and set the speed for motorways as 60 MPH.

8. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

This should be the apple logo

burglar.jpg