Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
currently own a Tom Tom Europe XL and wonder if there is a programme to enter the size of the vehicle i.e. my M/H is not a car nor is is a Juggernaught but it would be handy to enter the size of the vehicle so that I am not directed down little roads with low bridges etc
Suggestions/help pse

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
currently own a Tom Tom Europe XL and wonder if there is a programme to enter the size of the vehicle i.e. my M/H is not a car nor is is a Juggernaught but it would be handy to enter the size of the vehicle so that I am not directed down little roads with low bridges etc
Suggestions/help pse

Short answer is no. Set it for fastest route is the best you can do. :thumb:

Road Burner

Free Member
Apr 24, 2008
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
Coach Built low
Exp
SINCE 2008
I got myself a "Snooper" truck mate quite pricey but worth it . You have to enter your vehicle dimensions before you start. It gives precise info 800 tards from turns, warns of sharp bends and low bridges. And safety cameras!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

des32

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
year 3 & loving it
I also have a snooper satnav "VENTURA S2000" for motorhome. I only got it recently so I have not been away yet, It works well around where I live in Ireland, you can put in the length, width, height and weight of your mororhome it also has 8600 ACSI campsites loaded on to it with photographs and phone numbers. :thumb:

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Suggestions/help pse

You can download the truck map here http://www.gpsunderground.com

But I would ask a few questions first on how to do it and if you need to change the navcore.

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Tom Tom

Thanks for the advice! May have to just use common sense or listen to the wife in future ""Your not thinking of going down there are you!!"" quoted many time on our travels:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
i don't think tt truck works on an XL. you do have to download a new navcore, which happens automatically when you put the new card in. i think it is only supported on the tt one models.

des

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back