Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
Hi,
I have finally been persuaded to get my head out of the sand by my sons, and get some modern technology,:Doh: these Sat Navs are a minefield, but, I think we have narrowed it down to a 730 tom-tom any advice?
P.S. won't be throwing the maps awayy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
You won't go far wrong with the Tomtom units. They are pretty easy to use.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Griffs

We bought a TomTom Go 730 just over a year ago, no problems with it so far both at home and abroad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

deepstar

Free Member
Dec 27, 2007
lancashire
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
30+
ive been told the tom tom is very good
ive been talked into having a blaupunct rome sat nav fitted to my burstner 680 as it already has a blaupunkt radio cd fitted and is just a mater of straigh swop over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
does any one know how good or bad these are
rgds deepstar

blueraven

Free Member
May 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since Apr 08
Tom tom

Hi there

We have a tom tom one europe version which most of the time is good, but I would definitely advise DO NOT THROW YOUR MAPS AWAY! Also beware that it can take you down B roads and country lanes that you wouldn.t normally choose to drive down with a 8m long vehicle!

Good luck and well done for being dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century!

We're after updated maps for UK and Europe for our but you know when you really feel that you need to set aside a certain amount of time but then really wish you had done it when you're lost in France!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Happy MH'ing:thumb:

blueraven

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A vote for TT from me too ..

TomTom One XL Europe .. no bells or whistles.. just a great unit.. I like the 4 1/2" wide screen, ease of use, good support and tons of POIs available.

Down side, at two yeas old it suffers from a short battery life, left unused for a few days it goes flat.. however, a new battery is quite reasonable and easily fitted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Got the tom tom go 500 about four years ago,great piece of kit.also got the blaukput free with van,totally crap.
Dave

D

dangleberry

Deleted User
Hi

tomtom is definately the one to go for. I have had two and both were great. I now have the 940 live and it is wonderful, has everything you need.

I first brought a road angel and it was so bad I returned it and exchanged it fir a tomtom and I have never looked back since.

As well as this there are loads of free goodies for tomtom on the following link:

http://www.tomtomownersclub.co.uk

TomTom Owners Club

Every thing you need to find including all caravan club sites and camping locations througout the UK. Also speed camera locations - including where the mobile units will be standing over the next week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back