Sat nav help

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jacks girls, Apr 13, 2013.

1. jacks girls

jacks girls Read Only Funster

Back home from our first two weeks in the motorhome. Was using ipad for directions but still managed to get lost (when It was out of charge) and on another occasion it took us to a low bridge, we were never going to get under:Doh: so I was thinking of getting a sat nav. Can anyone recommend one, do they all allow you to input the size of your vehicle to avoid the low bridge problem, and will there be any problems with signals due to the overcab bed?

2. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

By no means do they all allow for inputting vehicle dimensions! Most do not. The ones that do tend to be expensive. There is The Snooper and certain sat navs aimed at truckers you may try looking at.
    We have an overcab but the sat nav copes OK.
    Wyn

3. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

Have a look in archive posts on sat navs there is a big one on Chinese ones most are saying there ok for price and I am sure there was something about inputing truck dimensions

4. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi, I've just bought cheap chinese 7 inch screen truck type sat nav, very good value for £50. Yes you can put vehicle size put in and to a point works but it actually lets you take the turn into 6ft 6 inch road then immediately tells you that you have entered and lets you decide wether to carry on or turn around.
    Very easy to route by address or postcode also you can put in map refs or co-ordinates. Seems to be good but I haven't used it enough yet to give an excellent report, also it states that in gives advanced lane guidance ( haven't checked that yet as over here on the Isle of Wight we all single carriageway.)
    Several other members on this site can probably give a better report .
    Terry:rain::rain::rain:

• Like Like x 1
  5. ukbill

ukbill Funster