tw1nklestar

Free Member
Sep 19, 2015
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I have just got first new to us MH and OH insisted on a sat nav as he is scared to death of being stuck down a lane or under a bridge! So I got a splendid noza tec 7" to appease him. All ok till I updated the maps and now the lorry function has disappeared! This is causing chaos as you can imagine. I have posted under the sat nav thread but had no replies so thought I'd try here! Are there any I T whizzes who can help a dizzy blonde put things right???

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Sorry not heard of noza tec 7, so unless there is a support forum or web site for that model/make you may problems.
I think they are around 45 quid on Amazon and for that sort of money I cannot see there being to much "after sales care"
I have the TomTom camping & caravan version and to date never let me down.

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

Presumably you deleted the old UK map files and copied the copied the new ones in their place. There are only four files in the latest (United_Kingdom_2014.Q4_150302) set, with no ".ftr" file. If you are just missing that file the old one will still work. If you have a backup you can copy the file over from there but if not, drop me a PM wth your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

If it is a different problem, try pushing the stylus into the Reset hole on the back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
@tw1nklestar Just to help generally, even expensive 'Truck' or lorry satnavs have their foibles as far as height/width/narrow roads/lanes etc are concerned. They rely on correct road info provided by various local and highway authorities. The one I use has a 'Motorhome' mode, but it's tried to take me down more narrow lanes than I've had hot dinners!

I'm sure that the OH knows that they aren't perfect. You HAVE to read the road too - height restriction signs in particular.

AND, if it tries to make you turn down almost any road name ending in 'Lane', Don't do it!!!!! :eek:

Watch the settings too. If it's set to 'Shortest Route' it will take you through bum-squeaky roads and tracks!

James

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tw1nklestar

tw1nklestar

Free Member
Sep 19, 2015
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Thanks James
I will remember to breathe in next time it tells me to go down a lane!!
I know it was working before the map update because I purposely went under a 9ft bridge with setting at 11ft (I was in the car by the way!) so I could test it out

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Twinklestar,
Just to set your mind at rest, there's loads of them on here that have bought THAT Sat Nav from 'Navibuzz' on Ebay.
I asked them a question one evening and the answer was in the box the following morning.
Their after sales service was remarkable

Upvote 0
Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Not done it myself yet (an update, that is), but the problem wouldn't be anything simple like the wrong map set used for the update?
I have heard that there is a lorry mapset and a car mapset - you haven't used the car ones have you?

Last edited:
Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0
OP
OP
tw1nklestar

tw1nklestar

Free Member
Sep 19, 2015
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Thanks Essex boy you are right there are two sets. I did use the truck one but i did a double check and looked at the car version and there didn't seem to be much difference in file size

Upvote 0

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
You are all wusses , I've driven milk tankers for the last 5 years and 90% is spent down tiny little lanes that usually have an ' unsuitable for hgv' sign on them.

If the hedges aren't clipping both mirrors at the same time then you have plenty of room.

Do not rely on satnav to avoid low bridges, you will take it for granted and one day it will let you down. Measure your MH ( feet and metres) and fix a bit of paper with the height on the sun visor, glance at it for reassurance when going under a bridge, all bridges under 16' 3 will have their height posted on them

All low bridges are signposted in plenty of time and quite often miles in advance on entering the road, and only the very lowest would affect MH anyway

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tw1nklestar

tw1nklestar

Free Member
Sep 19, 2015
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Thanks for that. I do have details on windscreen on a sticker provided by insurance company which is very useful. It is more for OH as he is paranoid about my driving down a road and not being able to get back. I drive for my job but only cars so am used to keeping my eyes open. it is mainly to keep the peace as he is a reluctant motorhomer anyway! We have a few low bridges near us. Lowest is just over 9ft. And a bus took its top off in the town a couple of weeks ago! !!​

Upvote 0

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
If its any help we have a Noza Tec satnav which we used on our recent 3 weeks in Germany and France. Like most satnavs I imagine it works fine 'most' of the time. The downside of avoiding even slightly narrow roads is the satnav will take you on some pretty long detours if you let it so it always pays to check the approximate route by looking at a road map. We were parked outside the aire at Charmes in France (very nice by the way) but the Noza Tec still insisted we had 19 miles to go!

Overall though the Noza Tec works a treat for a very low price.

Paul

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back