Sat Nav for Trucks & Rvs (1 Viewer)

Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
Each to their own I guess but reading through this thread I must chip in and mention that I researched GPS units extensively and finally got the S7000 Ventura with 7 in Screen and 8600 ACSI campsites loaded. It works brilliantly. Much better than my old Garmin 7200 and the old Tom Tom I had. It has never let me down so far and the entry of Lat/Long destinations is by far the easiest on the market. On the downside you can't download POI's however you can enter them manually, a pain true, but at least you can do it. Much faster on picking up satelites, even use it indoors. Loads of features such as digital TV (if you want it), MP3 player and TMC

If you shop around then you can pick one up for around £299.

BTW the only difference between the Truckmate S7000 and the Ventura S7000 is the campsite database - that was from Snooper Customer support.

Just my opinion

parigby

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
Vennwood - can you point me in the direction of where l can get one for £299.00

philip

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Vennwood - can you point me in the direction of where l can get one for £299.00

philip

maybe a typo ?

cheapest I can find is £398.99 with free p&p

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
To a motorhomer/RVer I would have thought the ability to load POI's was very important, it is for me anyway, and even if its mapping was flawless I wouldn't buy one for that reason.

Olley

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
To a motorhomer/RVer I would have thought the ability to load POI's was very important, it is for me anyway, and even if its mapping was flawless I wouldn't buy one for that reason.

Olley

Hi Olley

I agree, seems like a bad omission .. I'm sure haulage companies who deliver to chain stores would want to load up the POIs for each particular company .. can't see many truckers loading each one individually ..

jim

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
jim i drive trucks commercially and have never driven one with a sat nav supplied. normally you get an address if you are lucky. otherwise its tesco store southampton, you have maybe an address on delivery note. most truckers dont use sat nav in my experiance . you just drive there finding out things on the way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Alan that maybe how you old timers do it, ::bigsmile: but if I owned a truck company, do I want my drivers spending 30mins finding a place? or give them a satnav and they go straight to it?

Olley

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi olley .i,m only 54 . have driven for loads of companies as an agency driver . havnt had one yet. drove for one company delivering for tesco you either found out or get an address n use street maps . most drivers have a good selection of maps .philips do really good street maps of all uk. i dothink about getting a sat nav. but is it really neccasary ?drive allover europe n west africa never had one yet. we do have a place doing garmin sat navs local 255 wide for 113 quid but i,m mean thats alot of wine in lidl in spain. cheers alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back