Sat Nav Choices. I Know ?? .............. (1 Viewer)

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
I know this must be a much deliberated topic (but not for me and other new peeps).
I have researched the market, et al.... but there is nothing more valuable than the experiences and knowledge of those on this forum.

As some of you may remember (am still permenantly scarred !!), we almost lost the roof of our rented MH in Rouen during Le Mans week as le Tom Tom insisted we take that 'left turn'. I could go on but the upshot was.............. a bad move resulting 'all sorts'.

My question is...................... is there a sat nav out there which we are able to input all the relevant Height, length and so on in so much that when the route is planned it may give us at least warning of any of those impending dangers

OP
OP
LAM

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
What did you decide on ?
The 'Chinese' variety. Tested it out on our first outing to meet some 'Funsters' for New Year.... altho' not a 'great ask' as it is really just up the road from us (we know the route) and not a low bridge in sight, so not truly tested yet

Happy New year to all

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Doobray

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 22, 2014
Paisley, Renfrew, Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2013
Sygic truck shows you your route and greys out all the roads that lead you to low bridges.
If you've have bought one of the Chinese sat nav's and the software is not that good I believe you can also install Sygic if the tablet is android

Upvote 0
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
The 'Chinese' variety. Tested it out on our first outing to meet some 'Funsters' for New Year.... altho' not a 'great ask' as it is really just up the road from us (we know the route) and not a low bridge in sight, so not truly tested yet

Happy New year to all

Do you mind me asking which actual one I keep looking but can't make my mind up. They vary from 35quid to about 75 but not realy being techy I cant make a judgment

Upvote 0
OP
OP
LAM

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Do you mind me asking which actual one I keep looking but can't make my mind up. They vary from 35quid to about 75 but not realy being techy I cant make a judgment
Broken Link Removed

NozaTec NTu009. 7" screen and lots of accessories too !! The increase in the size of the screen compared to the TomTom is (obviously !) larger and makes a huge difference, really like the graphic too. We have had a TomTom for so long, it will take a little time adjusting to a new system. Having said that we haven't 'properly' tested it but have great faith in the recommendations of those with MUCH mire experience than us. Good luck (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Lyngary

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2011
Sudbury, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Chinese sat nav arrived today. It comes up with some very strange routes to known addresses in England and the map update doesn't work or I cannot understand it. I will stick with my Garmin. A mistake I'm afraid!

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
In my experience, having many satnavs, I would say none of them give you the best route in an area you know well. They will get you there though.
The most interesting routes I have found come from Drive, a free app on my phone, which seems to prefer small back roads. Not recommended in the motorhome but fun in the car if not in a hurry.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
LAM

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Hi all,

I would like to say A HUGE THANK YOU to Lunarman who has helped us with our new acquisition (Chinese sat nav), above and beyond the call for us :notworthy2::notworthy2::notworthy2::notworthy2:
We've got your number now John, beware !! :roflmto::roflmto:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back