Sat installer recommendation

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jaws, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Last year at Lincoln Total Satellites ( Robert ?? ) fitted an ex demo system on our van

In February at the Scunthorpe meet it decided to throw a wobbly and emulate a ballet dancer !!

I called Robert and arranged for a repair to be carried out at Newark ( They did offer to travel all the way to Norfolk from Wakefield but I said I was happy to wait )

Over the Saturday Robert visited the van twice and sorted out half the problem and then we shifted the van over to near his stand on Sunday where he spent more than an hour completing the repair and ensuring everything was back to being spot on.

I would advise anyone looking for an automated sat system to at least give them a look and get a quote

Absolutely top people and Robert could not give a better customer service than he does !! :thumb:

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Nice one, well done

Peter

3. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

can you please give contact details I google total satellite only came up with an amercian company

4. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Yup, Bob ( Bobandjane ) came to my rescue.. Full trade name is TCS Robert Jackson.
    Their web site is http://www.1oyster.co.uk/

When I was originally looking for a system I also spoke to Snellyvision who came across as being helpful and professional too, but not as friendly and helpful as Robert.
    Having said that I know a chap who bought their mechanical system from them .. They got a good deal and help with the DIY installation, so probably another supplier to add to the good guy list :thumb:

5. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Totally agree if you will excuse the pun - they fitted our auto system at NEC Feb 2009 - has not missed a beat - said they would arrive at 8.00 am were there a couple of minutes before and fiited it while we waited - only a couple of hours and all was working - can thorougly recommend them - they made a great point of the fact they were a family company and any problems they would sort very quickly and would travel anywhere in the UK to do it.

Total Satelite Company Ltd - 12 Denby Lane - Grange Moor - Wakefield - WF4 4ED Phone 01924 848566 Mobile 07801 843332 was the name and address but possibly Robert has carried on from his Dad as it was a father and son team that did ours - thoroughly recommend them :thumb:

6. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Just the opposite ! Robert IS the dad !! :thumb:
    While chatting it turned out we had a similar early background
    Came up from television engineering, both did city and guilds .. He stuck with it while I bailed and did Uni stuff ( bone idle me ! LOL !! )

7. teensvan

teensvan Read Only Funster

The crankup systems do not get any of these problems and you can fit it yourself in a couple of hours. I fitted mine while on the C&CC site at Weston-s-Mare. Not one problem in 5 years of fulltiming.

steve & ann. ---------------- teensvan