Sargent PSU2007 questions

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by stevec, May 21, 2014.

1. stevec

stevec Funster

The PSU mounted in an overhead locker is producing an annoying buzzing/rumble sound when it is switched on. I believe it is the fan bearings and is bl**dy annoying. Can be heard outside the MH too so I imagine any tenters nearby would find it annoying as well. So questions:
    1. Is this a replaceable part? It doesn't look do-able in situ as the case is rivetted together.

2. When switched on does this only activate the battery charge circuitry? I am going to have to switch it off at night as there is no way I am going to sleep with that noise going on.

3.Is Sargent an approachable company? Maybe I should address my questions to them.

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Sergent have a great name for customer service.. Just contact them...
    My friend sent his EC325 back to them recently for a repair (not charging). and was back within 5 days and fixed at a reasonable price.....

3. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

4. Wickolad

Wickolad Funster

Hi,
    As above, the guys in the technical department are extremely helpful, they should be able to give some pointers on the usual causes and if it can be cured.
    I've approached them a couple of occasions and found them very knowledgeable about their products. Excellent service.:thumb::thumb:
    Lance

5. stevec

stevec Funster

Has anyone taken one of these units out of an Autocruise Starfire? Mounted in an overhead locker. I can't see where the connections are or if there is any 'give' in the leads if I unscrew it.

6. stevec

stevec Funster

Just spoken to Sargent. They will replace the charger unit for a fixed fee (I believe he said £75). After the fan starts to go the charger normally gives up he said.....logical if the fan cools the electronics. I still need to remove it from the locker though!