Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
my sargent psu 2007 (ec200) seems to have give up the ghoast

The motor home went in for its habitat service yesterday, every thing was working prior to it going in.

We went away last night and when I put the rear cabin lights on they were dim (tubes) I checked the battery state down to 8 volts? (the front lights had been on for a while and the pump had been run so there had been drain on the batteries)

I changed over to the cab battery all ok, 12.5 volts and power working ok at all the lights,

I checked the power to the psu all ok, the psu fuse was ok but I changed it anyway (I noticed the psu fan was not running and its normally noisy)

The battery fuses were ok, the fuse that feeds the batteries under the bonnet had blown so I replaced that, but there was still no output from the psu (still no fan), I also swopped the fride relay with battery relay just in case but no differance.

So at this point I decided to pack up and go home, the voltage on habitat batteries was below 8 volts now. After 20 miles drive home, the habitat batteries were over 13volts so charging from the alternator is ok.

I took out the batteries, took out both fuses replacing them one at a time individually they both showed 13volts. I took out both fuses again and switched on the psu there was no 12volt power, so I conclude the mains charger is not working!

I removed the psu (which is sealed so no poking around inside, I made sure all the connectors were fitted on tight).

I seems 1st call Monday will be to sergeant, and second to the service people, but anybody have ANY thoughts on all this!

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
forgot to add, every other aspect of the psu is working ok , ie all the functions on the display pannal

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
2 questions:

1. Now that you are home have the hab batteries maintained their charge.

2. Has this anything to do with what was done on the habitation check?

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
2 questions:

1. Now that you are home have the hab batteries maintained their charge.

2. Has this anything to do with what was done on the habitation check?

Lunarman

1: yes

2: I bet they wont admit to anything,:Angry:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
just bumping this upo to the front so peoples wont miss it, as I could really do with some hel here befor tomorrow morning:helptitanic::helptitanic::helptitanic:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
PSU

Hi i also have a Scout which had the same problem. It was a connection just under the psu, it had burnt out. Got another connector and its been ok since.
If you need any further info please PM me or give me a bell on 0776 496 2829

regards
Jeff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Hi i also have a Scout which had the same problem. It was a connection just under the psu, it had burnt out. Got another connector and its been ok since.
If you need any further info please PM me or give me a bell on 0776 496 2829

regards
Jeff

thanks for chat very help:thumb:full

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back