May 6, 2012
Sherborne
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2008
Hi funsters!
Me again - picking brains! We have a problem with our electric step and it's been traced back to the EM50, an add on to the main Sargent unit. But we can't find it!! Anyone familiar with the Autocruise Starburst 2010 model - one of the first made by Swift?? We are told that it is usually behind the drivers seat, but Freeborn, who we bought the van from have been very helpful and they think unusually, it is built within the Sargent unit itself. Sargent don't seem to know!! Any ideas??
Regards
Caroline

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ours is under one of the hab seats..
It will not be too far from the main unit..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just a thought.. What Sargent main unit have you got ? It should have the number on the front of it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
F

Freedom Hunter

Free Member
May 6, 2012
Sherborne
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2008
Thank you guys! We got back to Sargent - and it appears we do not have a separate EM50 unit, it is all within the main E400 (i think!). We are now scarily dismounting all the leads and getting it ready to courier to Sargent.
But thank you! Caroline

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ahh.. But the E400 is a decent unit so in the long run better..
Mind you, having said that I thank the good lord I had an EM50 as when it went phut the whole job was really easy

Sargent do an excellent turn around service.. They appreciate that we, as motorhomers, are completely stuffed without that essential bit of kit ..
My unit was sorted and returned ( actually they sent a new one ) in just 3 days

Last edited:

Cozy 610

Free Member
Jun 25, 2021
Hereford, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
Since 2015
Hi guys, in addition to the above I had problem with my step on autotrail apache, traced to the EM50 type A, contacted Sargent who now don't do repairs on the unit as it is more cost effective to replace new. Excellent service and help and despite quote of three to four weeks turn around, ordered Monday arrived Wednesday, fitted Thursday, Thanks again to them. Huw

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
We had a similar problem & the dealer just did something on the settings on the Sargent panel & all worked fine after that, CamperUK at Lincoln. It was a known fault on our 2012 Bessacarr by Swift

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back