Santiago de Compostela

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Augusta08, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Augusta08

Augusta08

We're planning to roll down from Brittany (our home) to Northern Spain and maybe even Northern Portugal towards the end of next month. We will wait for the French Holidays to pass (the roads are much quieter). However the plan is mainly using non-toll and aires du repose (cheapskate me) do any funsters have any recommendations?

Our current plan is:
    Saintes
    Ondres
    Elephant Park (Santander)
    Santilla de Mar
    Potes
    Oviedo (Via Cangas)
    Leon
    Lugo
    Santiago de Compostela
    Vigo
    Braga
    Porto
    Porto
    Vila Real
    Leon
    Burgos
    Vitoria
    San Sebastian
    then home via Bordeaux.

2. cliffandger

cliffandger Funster Life Member

Santiago de Compostela - stay overnight at the aires in Millidoiro, and then drive into the Park and Ride in the morning to visit Santiago de Compostela. Millidoiro is a lovely town with the cheapest Tapas bars iin the world. 4 bars, drink and tapas = 20 euros!

Cabarcino - the elephant park is indeed beautiful. Peaceful aires, overlooking the lake with elephants in the background!

Don't have any information on the others, but we stayed at:
    Porto Covo,
    Setubal,
    Cascais,
    Fatima,
    Vila de Conde
    Ortegeira,
    Cangas de Onis,
    Bermeo,

Hope this helps (y)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Augusta08

Augusta08

Brilliant! Thanks for that Geraldine I'll look them up in Camperstop, I'd already thought Mialdaiiro would be the overnite to use.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jumartoo

jumartoo Funster

Potes has an aire (allegedly) but we didn't find it. The coordinates dropped us in the middle of the N621!!!
    It's worth a drive up to Fuente De. Many people stay in the big parking area near the Cable Car.

If you're driving to Canvas via the N621 and N625 it's an interesting route. We came over the other way last autumn. Canvas has an aire and services but it's just a tarmac car park. We found a new aire in Oviedo, following the signs from one of the roundabouts as we approached.

If you drive over to Leon on the N630 there's an aire at a ski area. If you drive over the road that crosses the Puerto de Ventanas there are quite a few Aires up the valley from Teverga onwards.

See my posting from our trip last year.

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/10-days-in-asturias.117113/

Most of the places we stayed at are in Camper Contact. Any that you can't find, if you're interested in them, ask again and I'll try to give more details.

• Like Like x 1